Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster Day Date Mk40 (ref. 3520.53.00)

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 28, 2017

Up for sale is this Speedmaster Mk40 that I picked up some months back. Wore it off and on for a bit, but it's struggling to find wrist time and I'm in sore need of consolidation as it relates to the collection, so I offer this up to the OF community.

Condition report as follows:

Case: Case is sharp and devoid of any serious scratches or damage. Twisted lugs are in great shape and retain their original polishing.

Dial / Handset: Dial and hands are in perfect shape. Lume is a slight shade lighter on the hands than the dial, which exhibits a nice, creamy lume - not found on all Mk40's and the reason I bought it in the first place. Crystal is perfect / scratch-free.

Movement / Case: Caseback has a couple small scratches / scuffs, but is in good shape overall. Serial is still prominently displayed (#553480XX). A couple small scratches on the underside of the lugs from the bracelet - nothing major. Movement winds and sets smoothly, and the chronograph function starts, stops, and resets perfectly. I have not specifically timed it, but informally, it appears to keep good time whenever worn.

Bracelet/Strap: Bracelet and end links are in good shape. Surface scuffing on the underside of the clasp is present, but nothing major. As part of the sale, I will include a lightly worn JP Menicucci strap (same exact strap as Hodinkee and Bulang & Sons).

My price is $1,900 with payment via PayPal (add 3% if using PP or sent via Friends & Family) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred, international sales will pay the full cost of shipping. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary.

IMG_8563.JPG IMG_8564.JPG IMG_8565.JPG IMG_8566.JPG IMG_8567.JPG IMG_8569.JPG IMG_8571.JPG

Edited Jan 31, 2017
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 31, 2017

Bump - reasonable offers considered.

3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 4, 2017

Price reduced to $1,750 obo

LAE12345 and gostang9 like this.
  4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 8, 2017

Sold - thanks OF and all who inquired

olafg, Lonestar and oddboy like this.