Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Co-Axial

1. oli.wilsonn Feb 28, 2018

Hi there ,
    I am new to the omega forum and am relativeley new to the watch scene. I have been offered a speedmaster co-axial moonwatch. Reference 311.30.44.51.01.002, I have had a look around and there is a lot of proffesional speedmasters, but not many of the co-axial versions.
    Is there any reasons for this?
    Was the Co-Axial not a particularly collectable or nice watch to own?
    Was it deemed as too large?

Secondly does anyone think it looks too large for my wrist and does anyone have any photos of it on a different strap, such as a leather tan, brown or black strap?

Thanks for your help and all opinions welcome! Just do not roast me!

XwrUvgSfTJWCGhADIc22dA.jpg yJrCMaBTS4ylg9NxwRK2fA.jpg
  2. oli.wilsonn Feb 28, 2018

Also fully aware it needs a clean :)

3. time flies Feb 28, 2018

One answer might suggest the Speedmaster Professional has been around a while in one incarnation or another. The co-axial not really. But... that's only one thought. I don't know.

Too large? What do you think?

have fun
    -kfw

oli.wilsonn likes this.
  4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 28, 2018

Welcome

MMmm...the fine folk of this forum usually go all frothy everywhere over vintage watches...and not so much the modern ones. That said, this is a really fine Speedy and is great value if you are not paying retail price, but second hand market value. The patriotic Moonwatch folk no-doubtedly feel this watch doesn't deserve the title of 'Moonwatch' (as that is what Omega have called it) as its in no way related to THE Moonwatch, other than aesthetically. Quite a few do own both, but there is not much to discuss, as they are, well, new and mostly still the same and in same condition that they were when they came off the factory floor...hence the lack of substance posts other then 'what kind of strap this' and 'does that make me look fat'...

I enjoyed owning it. Collectability will most likely only be determinable when it starts turning vintage...

Had no problem with it on the wrist.

Hard to tell from 1 2D pic, but I don't think so. Most importantly (to be answered by yourself for yourself) : what do you think and how does it make you feel?

Sure do. If you find me on instagram and scroll through my feed you will find some.

oli.wilsonn likes this.
  5. nmttd2 Feb 28, 2018

It is a very nice watch but the price is around $8,700 USD retail so many do not want to spend that type of money.

oli.wilsonn likes this.
  6. oli.wilsonn Feb 28, 2018

Thank you all of you for your responses, it is a nice community to be in!
    I personally really like the watch, the bulk is the only thing that worries me, however i love being able to see the calibre 9300 movement in the back and I think on a nice tan strap it will be slightly less 'long' and wear a little nicer on my smaller wrist. Saying that I do love the watch a lot

I have been drooling over the '57 and this is the closest thing I can find that I can afford.
    Still love the watch mind you

Thank you all for your answers again
    -OJW

7. Bernardino Feb 28, 2018

I was after a speedmaster for a while and I looked at this, it does wear well on the wrist however, I then tried on the “moonwatch” and there’s something about it that had me sold over the co-ax version.

And the end of the day it’s all down to personal preference and how it feels for you

8. Bushido Feb 28, 2018

If you're concerned about the size of the co-axial at 44.25mm but want the Moonwatch look and a clear case back, have you considered the Speedy sapphire sandwich?

9. oli.wilsonn Mar 1, 2018

I had a look and its nice, its simply the fact the co-ax version has been offered to me at a great price

tikkathree likes this.