Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster CK2998 Limited Edition

1. repoman Jun 22, 2018

Well, I've gone and done it again. I just paid a deposit on an incoming 2018 Seamaster 300 diver. I have no more room in my watch box, and worse no more cash in my wallet, so a piece in my collection has got to go to make room. Although I don't really want to sell this piece, as I feel it is just starting to be appreciated (and valued), I have to be honest with myself that I have only worn this watch about 5 times since purchase and I just haven't bonded with it... it doesn't get any time on the wrist. So, I offer for sale an Omega Speedmaster CK2998 Limited Edition from my personal collection, which I purchased new at the Omega Boutique in San Diego in July 2016. This comes absolutely complete as follows:

- Inner and outer boxes
    - Certificate of authenticity
    - plastic "coffin" with stickers
    - hang tag
    - Owners Manual
    - Sleeve with pictogram/warranty cards
    - Original sales receipt

Condition of the watch is 98%; it has very light marks on the back of the lugs, when Omega put a barenia leather strap, and a bracelet on this watch for me to try out. There are also very very slight marks on the case, which I tried hard to capture in the pictures. To the naked eye, I'm confident in saying this watch is indistinguishable from brand new.

I am asking $5200 USD.

The watch is located in southern California. This includes domestic shipping, fully insured. I can ship internationally, which will be done at the buyers additional expense, fully insured, full value declared. A face to face transaction can be arranged in southern California. I have bought and sold many items on Omega Forums, and rolexforums.com and can provide references at your request. I ask for funds to be provided by paypal (gift, or add 4%), bank wire, via check/cashiers check, or cash in person. I am a private collector and rarely sell any of my watches. I prefer not to get involved in returns/refunds/etc, thus all sales are final, and as-is, unless there is a gross misrepresentation or mistake on my part. I will go overboard to disclose all issues with any watch I am selling. My reputation in the community is worth more to me than profiteering. All funds must be received prior to the watch being shipped. I always entertain and appreciate offers, and I do not get offended by any offer. If I don't accept your offer, I will either politely decline, or not respond.

Serial number has been blocked out from the posted images, I can provide additional hi-res untouched photos for serious buyers at their request.

ck2998-9.jpg ck2998-13.jpg ck2998-2.jpg ck2998-3.jpg ck2998-4.jpg ck2998-6.jpg ck2998-7.jpg ck2998-8.jpg ck2998-10.jpg ck2998-11.jpg ck2998-12.jpg ck2998-14.jpg ck2998-15.jpg ck2998.jpg

Edited Jul 8, 2018
  2. repoman Jun 23, 2018

bump

3. repoman Jun 26, 2018

lets get this onto someone's wrist that will truly enjoy it, some discussions taking place, but not quite there yet.

4. repoman Jun 27, 2018

reduced

Taddyangle likes this.
  5. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jun 28, 2018

Your photographs are the first time I've really looked closely at this reference. What a beautiful combination of classic and modern Omega features. Lovely watch.::love:: Good luck with the sale.

Lonestar and repoman like this.
  6. repoman Jun 28, 2018

Thank you for that! There really is a lot to love about this watch, what hooked me in particular is the lollipop chrono hand, I just thought that was so cool. The blue is sublime, and its a great size on the wrist @ 39.7mm.

Lonestar and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  7. repoman Jul 1, 2018

Despite my terrible photos, this watch is truly lovely. I do believe this is the lowest price one for sale at the moment. Bump, this watch needs wrist time.

8. repoman Jul 4, 2018

bump!

9. repoman Jul 6, 2018

bump, offers have come in, not quite there but very close. I gotta pay for that SM300 Diver!! Rumors are its coming in sooner than expected, so I'm starting to get motivated!!

10. repoman Jul 8, 2018

...and I just made my life more complicated...I'm getting close to making an offer on a house in Las Vegas... Now I really need to sell some watches.

Let's drop this to $5200. That's $1300 under MSRP for this like new example. I'm pretty sure this is my rock bottom. Hell, maybe I should keep this, and sell some vintage pieces.

shishy, Tritium, bigsom and 1 other person like this.
  11. repoman Jul 9, 2018

Sold! Thank you Omega Forums.... another watch will be going up for sale shortly (just waiting on an extract of the archives)...

Tritium, jB1128 and smitty190373 like this.
  12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 9, 2018

Glad you got it sold, but sorry it was at a lower price then hoped. This LE definitely helped prove the Snoopy was a bit of an anomaly.

repoman likes this.
  13. ICONO Jul 9, 2018

+1

A superb watch, in terrific condition

IMO…far, far more interesting than ‘Snoopy’ thing

Lonestar and repoman like this.
  14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 10, 2018

The new owner is one lucky and devilishly good looking man of impecable taste!!!!

Oh, wait.....::psy::

repoman, MaiLollo and Tiny Iota like this.
  15. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 10, 2018

What are you talking about? I already own one. :whistling:

maanu, repoman and Yuriae like this.
  16. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 11, 2018

Honestly, I am so impressed by this piece. Just got it in and it’s stunning!! Thank you Repoman!!!!

repoman, Aludic, Taddyangle and 4 others like this.