Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT

1. Smitedk Jul 5, 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm a novice within the lovely world of watches, and I have bought my first (real) watch.

I have purchased a Speedmaster Broad Arrow GMT ref. 38813037, and I'm now trying to figure out, how I can adjust the GMT hand. I have read the part in the manual, but that doesn't seem to enlighten me on the subject.

Can any of you kind people out there help me with the above issue, on how to adjust the GMT hand on my watch?

Kind regards

Christoffer

2. larryganz The cable guy Jul 5, 2014

I don't know about the BA GMT.

But I know that many GMT watches can have the GMT hand adjusted by pulling the crown out to the first click, and turning the crown counter-clockwise. Going clockwise on those watches would do a quick date change (i.e. ETA 2836 GMT). The second click of the crown would put you in the hour/minute setting mode.

3. Smitedk Jul 6, 2014

The first click adjusts the hours and date, the 2nd click adjusts minutes. Both clockwise and counter clockwise, at least when I do it 'normally'. My thought was that there might be some special way combining clicking buttons and turning the crown of some sorts :)

4. larryganz The cable guy Jul 6, 2014