Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster 45th Anniversary edition in gold

1. jpjsavage Apr 29, 2021

My Omega AD here in the north of England has a beautiful pre-owned Omega Speedmaster 45th Anniversary edition in gold with the blue dial for sale. It is owned by an existing customer and is in unworn condition. Only 272 of these were produced. Just wondering what your thoughts are on the value of this in today's market? I might be interested in making an offer or would be happy to pass the opportunity on to someone else here if anyone is considering purchasing one of these. It is immaculate.

Snoopsta likes this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 29, 2021

Can’t think without pictures :whistling:

padders likes this.
  3. repoman Apr 29, 2021

Sounds like you are referring to the Apollo XVII anniversary edition
    [​IMG]

I have not tracked the value of this particular edition as it doesn't appeal to me, but gold Speedmasters in general don't hold value particularly well... something about a gold "tool watch" I guess. I have owned several gold Speedmasters and enjoy them very much, but when I've bought them I've done so knowing they likely won't appreciate in value, and at best will hold value. Thanks for sharing this one.

4. speedyproftw Apr 29, 2021

There's a new one for sale on Chrono24 for around $21k USD, so I wouldn't say it's a value buy. If you really want it, go for it but don't overpay!

5. bruin20 Apr 29, 2021

Is that the one without real pictures?

6. speedyproftw Apr 29, 2021

Could be, I didn't spend more than a few seconds looking since I'm not buying ;)

7. jpjsavage Apr 30, 2021

That's the right watch. The one being sold on behalf of a customer at my local Omega AD is in mint, unworn condition. I've decided it is not for me as I already have the moonshine gold limited edition, but happy to share details with anyone here if they are interested in pursuing further.