Forums Latest Members
  1. Drawarms May 4, 2015

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-Speed...902?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487ded34f6Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

What do you guys think about this watch and just this ref # in general? I love the panda dial and I've seen a couple with nicely aged dials. Why do these trade at $1000-1200 on the bay and why do lots of Japanese sellers have them? (I guess it must have been a watch for the Japanese market). Also, can these be prone to fakes?

2. Drawarms May 4, 2015

anyone?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 5, 2015

Okay since no one has answered I'll take a shot...in the order you asked:

1 - Bezel is quite rough - they have heavily polished it by the looks of things, and paint is also missing from the numbers. Minute counter sub-dial hand is not lined up properly (likely an installation fault). I verified that the serial number is for that model on the Omega Extranet.

2 - These are overall very nice watches and I service them often. if you are not into a larger Speedy Pro, and want an auto, this is a much better choice that a reduced IMO. As I have said many times here, the ETA 7750 is a very good movement for reliability and accuracy. There are also other variations on this style of watch.

3 - Because that is the market value.

4 - Not a Japan only LE that I can see on the Extranet, so must have been just quite a few sold there I guess.

5 - Not that I have seen.

Hope this helps - personally I would find a better example - replacing that beat up bezel (along with a service) won't be cheap.

Cheers, Al

4. Drawarms May 5, 2015

thanks Al! ill keep my eye out for one with a less polished bezel and on the repair end I won't worry because my family is full of watch repairmen. Thanks again!