Forums Latest Members
  1. EB Calford Jun 24, 2014

My Speedmaster is having an issue where the minute timer will attempt to move forward but then drops back to the 0 mark (30). Curiously it doesn't always do it only occasionally. Any thoughts?

2. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jun 24, 2014

seems not to engage properly. minor adjustment, if that is the reason. good luck ! achim

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 24, 2014

If it's only doing this occasionally, then the intermediate wheel assembly for the minute counter might not be pivoting properly on its post. Has it always been this way, or is it a recent development?

Could be a weak spring for this assembly also, as I have seen more than one Cal. 321 with an isolated spot of corrosion on this spring for some reason. Some have even rusted right through but no other corrosion on the movement.

Generally speaking, the adjustments on these for engagement of the wheels, etc. do not go out on their own, so unless it has been this way from the last service, I doubt it is an adjustment issue.

Cheers, Al

4. EB Calford Jun 25, 2014

I just got this watch recently and don't really time things with it but when I did just to see it working I noticed that the minute counter would sometimes make it half way toward making the minute mark and then fall back. I've had the watch for about a month.

5. EB Calford Jun 25, 2014

If it passes that first minute then it does work fine for hours at a time.

6. EB Calford Jun 25, 2014

photo.JPG
    The machine on this watch looks pretty clean to me as well.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 25, 2014

Do you have a service history on the watch? If not, you might want to consider getting it serviced and at that time the problem with the minute counter can be properly diagnosed and adjusted.

Cheers, Al

8. watchtinker Jun 25, 2014

62670-0b174ad1c484f11154332b5f97d55e72.jpg

The problem can be fixed by properly adjusting the indicated eccentric stud.
    Cheers. :)