Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Speedmaster 2998-4 absolute stunner, just serviced

1. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 6, 2014

Hi everyone

The images will speak for themselves but here goes, for sale is my Omega Speedmaster 2998-4 with 7912 bracelet and number 6 ends and original 17mil serial movement in stunning condition.

[​IMG]

2998's are in limited supply at the moment and this really is a great example of a rare execution

[​IMG]

This is an unmolested example, the movement is completely original 17 mil serial, the case is nice and crisp with good angles, the original radium dial and original hand set, it even has the dot above 90 bezel in stunning original condition.

[​IMG]

The watch is has a service crown and correct 4mm pushers as you can see from the images

[​IMG]

The watch is simply stunning; the pictures really don’t do it justice! I’ve owned the watch for two years, it came through a jeweler friend who bought it from the original owner in the UK

[​IMG]

The watch has been serviced (sympathetically) by the managing director of Swisstec (Swiss Times Services sister company) and comes with a full 12 month warranty for complete peace of mind.

Unlike so so many of these early Speedmasters this example is nigh on completely original! There is no nasty replacement dial or tachy here;

[​IMG]

Considering the watch is 50 years old it is fairing extremely well! The dial is clean and crisp (although obviously with some minor ageing and some loss of luminous material), the hands are superb and it has the correct straight second recorder), the case is extremely good, no major dinks and with very crisp lines and it is even accompanied by a lovely 7912 bracelet (date stamped 1965) and correct number 6end pieces! I have added an original NOS period hang tag to the watch

[​IMG]

Condition:

Case: Correct finish, extremely crisp and near perfect and no loss of profile with a clear lip on the edges.

Case-back: Correct factory finish, extremely crisp with very clear hippocampus

Dial: Near perfect and superbly aged, a few light marks but nothing that detracts

Hand: Original Dauphine 2998 hands with correct sub hands and second recorder

Bezel: Original ‘dot above 90’ bezel, showing very little ageing

Bracelet: Full size correct 7912 with correct matching Number 6 19mm ends

Movement: Original 17million 321 movement in perfect condition, fully serviced and overhauled

I am happy to ship internationally via Royal Mail International Signed For or alternatively RMSD but the insurance is limited on both, buyers are welcome to collect in person from Nottingham or arrange shipping at cost via FEDEX or alternative courier at your cost

[​IMG]

Payment via bank transfer is preferred or alternatively cash on collection, ton of references from other forums and established forum members here if required

I HAVE COME TO MY SENSES AND AM WITHDRAWING THIS BEAUTY

Thanks Tom

Greenb, marco, milwatch126 and 11 others like this.
  2. bill5959 Sep 6, 2014

3. bill5959 Sep 6, 2014

Hi. Could you post photos of the movement. A lot of interest. Best. Bill

4. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 6, 2014

Hi all

will post some movement pics tomorrow when I get home. Movement just serviced and overhaulled at Swisstec

5. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 6, 2014

Movement pic taken at service, can take better ones tomorrow

[​IMG]

6. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 7, 2014

Evening all

I cannot remove the case back (is on tight post service) but the serial is 177XXXXX, I can send it back to them to loosen and photograph the movement if required.

Best wishes Tom

JohnSteed likes this.