Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 1957 Reissue 3594.50

1. ffej4 Survey Man Jun 2, 2015

Hi all,

After waiting weeks to complete a trade for this beauty, a 3572.50 has presented itself before me. This is definitely my grail modern Speedy, so I cannot resist. As many of us know, this is a never ending game that has all of us spinning our wheels 24/7! [emoji6]

Anyway, up for your consideration is an Omega Speedmaster 1957 reissue (reference 3594.50) with some extra goodies.

My original plan was to turn this into a FOIS-type piece, as I had alpha hands on the way, but that project is going to have to come to a halt.

Watch condition: this piece is in very good condition overall. I had it recently inspected by my watchmaker (who installed the caseback and a black OEM bezel) - he said everything looked good inside and that all functions were working properly.

On a day-to-day basis, it has been about -8 to -11 seconds per day. It winds smoothly, the pushers work and feel proper, and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. The service history on this piece is unknown.

Physically, the case is quite nice. It appears to have been polished in the past. In my opinion, it could use a very light, professional polish to restore the original Omega brushed/polish finish.

The crystal is in very good shape. There are a couple small scratches that I will buff out with Polywatch.

As noted on the forums earlier: this watch was dropped from about a foot onto asphalt by my fantastic brother, but luckily the only damage that resulted was a very small ding under the 7 o'clock lug. Again, I had this checked by my watchmaker, and neither him nor I could tell of any damage/problems that arose due to the fall. The ding was buffed out, so now it is very small and almost unnoticeable. The strap managed to dampen the fall.

Here are the prices I am asking:

$1,950 - The entire set (the 3594.50, both OEM Omega bezels (both in mint condition - the black bezel was purchased new and taken out of the packaging less than a week ago), the Custom Watch Concepts sapphire back made by Thomas Preik in Germany, the original Omega caseback, and the leather strap shown in the photos. No box or papers. I would really prefer to keep everything together because (a) it makes my life much easier and (b) you're getting a pretty solid deal.

$1700 - for the watch (with original caseback and stainless bezel installed) ONLY

$250 - for the mint OEM black Omega tachymêtre ONLY (note: this is literally a week old and in 99.9% condition)

$60 - for the Custom Watch Concepts caseback ONLY

I'm quite firm on all of these prices. Very reasonable offers will be take into consideration. Low balls will be ignored.

Shipping to CONUS only, preferably. If someone's really interested and willing to chip in for the added shipping costs, I would be willing to consider it.

Payment by PayPal or bank wire only. Bank wire will receive a 3% discount.

Please feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected] for any questions/offers.

Thank you for your interest and consideration.

Cheers,

Jeff [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. ffej4 Survey Man Jun 2, 2015

SOLD – thanks OF and buyer!