Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022-71

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 26, 2018

Hi OF

For your consideration, a lovely 1971/72 Omega Speedmaster 145.022-71, SN : 3219XXXX.

Dial: Stunning original tritium stepped dial in mint condition. Tritium plots are perfect with zero degradation. Lume all round is original, with very attractive patina...as good as it gets IMO.

Bezel: Excellent DNN with no chips or scratches or dings.

Case: Has been refinished in the past. Of those 'touched' cases that I have seen, this is a better one, and is hardly noticeable on the wrist and to the naked eye.

Caseback: Correct and original NASA caseback stamped 145.022-71, with 1 service mark.

Movement: Caliber 861, fresh from service with Simon Freese Watchmakers (Last week of Feb). Watch comes with service receipt which serves as guarantee.

Pushers: Original pushers kept at service.

Crown: Original crown kept at service.

Extras: None. Watch sold head only.

Notes: I have seen the movement and caseback but have not included any movement shots, as I unfortunately did not take any, and I do not believe in opening a freshly serviced watch. The movement is pristine, and appears untouched. Screw heads look new, everything is good. If anyone would like pics, I can open it up, but feel that would be a pity. So I leave it for now.

References: Sold 1 watch here before, have a 100% good rating on other platforms if you would like to checkup (please PM me).

https://omegaforums.net/threads/eugeneandresson-great-seller.74266/

Asking price: 5500CHF net to me, shipped.
    I would prefer a wired transfer, but will accept Paypal (buyer covers fees).

The watch and I are located in Switzerland. Face to face also welcome.

Returns accepted if the watch is grossly misrepresented. Seeing as the pictures are of high quality, there is no chance of misrepresentation.

Warts-n-all-pictures (sorry about the dust):

(All pics taken under diffused sunlight)

IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2242.jpg IMG_2231.jpg IMG_2233.jpg IMG_2234.jpg IMG_2235.jpg IMG_2236.jpg IMG_1951.jpg IMG_2237.jpg IMG_2238.jpg IMG_4497.jpg IMG_4498.jpg
    Untitled.png

And here some on the wrist since returning from service (has gained the nickname 'the rotation thief' as it gives great pleasure and a lot of my other Speedies didn't get rotation as I kept on putting this one back on)...

IMG_7665.jpg IMG_7483.jpg IMG_7384.jpg IMG_7567.jpg

Why I am selling
    : I buy watches to wear, and not to keep in a vault (hence the fact that I made the considerable effort to get this watch to Simon for a service, as I was intending on wearing the hell out of this beauty). I was offered (and could not refuse) a -69 almost identical to this (hand lume not as good) but with a 220 bezel which IMO in this condition is lot harder to come by (generally -71's are far less common and harder to come by than -69's ). I therefore have a redundancy.

Thanks OF for this space :thumbsup:

Edited May 27, 2018
    speedy_tc, GregH, trioli_l and 18 others like this.
  2. Dial & Bezel May 29, 2018

The patina is quite amazing! :thumbsup:

eugeneandresson likes this.
  3. Rodsch May 29, 2018

Very nice one- Eugene:)))

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. kov Trüffelschwein. May 29, 2018

Superb watch ! ::love:: Should be quite a no-brainer ::facepalm2::

P.S. for @BenBagbag No I don't have any -71 in my collection to support the sale of this one ::bleh::

Rodsch, BenBagbag and eugeneandresson like this.
  5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 29, 2018

Glad I wore her today, as that will never happen again.
    This baby is sold to a local OF member.

(Pics from today)

FF8CC0A9-C01C-42A7-A779-F47B3273C82B.jpeg 9D8AB4AF-C137-4CCD-AA55-C02ABCE1CCAE.jpeg

Edit : thanks OF for this space...

Edited May 29, 2018
    Just Livin, Nathan1967, kov and 3 others like this.