Forums Latest Members

Omega Speedmaster 145.022-69ST

1. Basel1893 Mar 14, 2020

Hi Speedy fans,

I'm a newbie but still a collector. Currently I do have the actual reference and an Ultraman. I'm now looking for a vintage piece since I quite like them as longer I see them. Due to this I've opened a short advertisement on a local newspaper. Now a guy reached out to me and offered me the attached beauty. He said it was given long time back ago from his father to him and now he wants to sell it. His father purchased it long time ago in Switzerland (where I'm also from). There are no OG box & papers available. He said that the watch only runs 24 hours after winding (I guess this would be the easiest problem to fix).
    According to my MOONWATCH ONLY book most of the parts fit to this year. I guess only the bracelet is not original. Maybe the hands also have been replaced but I don't know. He said that the case-back is also original with a picture of a "seahorse" hehe. I currently only have this picture but I asked for more detailed ones.
    He offered me the piece for 5500 Swiss Francs which is actually a good price I guess? To be on the save side for the next step (I have to drive one hour to see the watch in person) I wanted to double check with your expertise if you might see something additional which I don't. Thanks in advance for your support. You can also just let me know your opinion if you want.

Cheers,
    Tobi

mms_img-1377098326.jpg
    padders likes this.
  2. OMEGuy Mar 14, 2020

Bezel, crown and bracelet are maybe replaced, not sure, but possible. This depends on the production date.

Judging by this single bad picture, I'd say that dial and hands are original and the case doesn't look overpolished. The dial is maybe washed?

Though I don't think the asking price is a bargain for this watch, I'd invest 2 hours of my life to see this watch in person, take some better pictures and then come back here.

Edited Mar 14, 2020
  3. Dan S Mar 14, 2020

The watch appears to have a legit DNN bezel, so I think it's premature to speculate that it's replaced before knowing the movement serial number. Similarly, regarding the bracelet, it will be necessary to see the clasp, inside and out. The value is incredibly sensitive to condition, and really we have no way of evaluating that based on a single low-resolution photo. If the OP is serious about getting useful information from forum members, he needs to make more of an effort to obtain and post many high-resolution photos of the watch from many angles, including the inside.

Davidt likes this.
  4. OMEGuy Mar 14, 2020

I agree with you. But It's just what I said above: "Not sure... it depends on the production date". What makes it difficult to give a serious vote, is there are information gaps in many of the requests. Most of the time things tend to be wrong, so it's not the best advise to confirm anything to be correct at first glance.

Maybe I could have stated this much clearer, while I chose to ask the OP to give more input after he has seen the watch in person.

So thank you very much for your input.

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 14, 2020

It's a crappy picture, but blowing it up to 400% on my computer screen it looks like the lume is still on the dial.

I sure as heck would want more/ better photos before deciding. And that includes seeing the movement.