Forums Latest Members

OHPF Omega Speedmaster 145.022-69 "Straight Writing"

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 14, 2019

Hi all,

Up for sale is a 145.022-69 Speedy with a "straight writing" caseback to commemorate the first moon landing. Condition report below:

Case / Caseback / Pushers: Case is very sharp, with little noticeable wear. Special "straight writing" caseback is in terrific shape, with only one small area missing the original black filling. Pushers are non-OEM replacements, and the crown has been replaced.

Dial: The stepped dial is in good shape with no blemishes (anything visible in the pictures is dust on top of the crystal, not on the dial. The tritium markers have not taken on a noticeable patina through the years, which has been observed on some other straight writing examples. When exposed to UV, the markers faintly glow and fade out after 15-20 seconds (as expected). If curious, here are a couple other identical examples:
    http://magazine.bulangandsons.com/portfolio_page/omega-speedmaster-145-022-69-straight-writing/
    https://www.lunaroyster.com/new-products/1970-omega-speedmaster-145022-69-straight-writing-gray-dial

Hands: Hands are OEM replacement hands that glow differently than the dial under UV light. Visibly, there are no differences from the original hands.

Bezel: Original "tall Tachy" bezel with DN90 is in excellent condition with no noticeable flaws.

Movement: Caliber 861 (Serial: 3283757X) movement is keeping good time and is in the correct serial range. The watch was found in a jewelry shop that had performed servicing recently, and all functions work correctly. Only thing to point out is the top pusher's initial contact is weaker than other 861 Speedies I own, which could be due to the non-OEM replacement pushers. Movement pictures can be provided upon request.

Accessories: If desired, I will provide the grey strap shown here, which is from Bulang & Son and has been worn a decent amount over the years. I am also offering the pictured brand new (unworn) modern Speedmaster bracelet as an accessory that can be purchased with the watch for an additional cost (please see below).

My asking price is $4,700, which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. If the bracelet is included, the full price is $5,100. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking. 1-31-19-9.jpg 1-31-19-1.jpg 1-31-19-2.jpg 1-31-19-3.jpg 1-31-19-4.jpg 1-31-19-5.jpg 1-31-19-8.jpg 1-31-19-7.jpg 1-31-19-6.jpg 1-31-19-10.jpg

Edited Feb 23, 2019
    nttisch23, Seaborg, Stufuse and 19 others like this.
  2. Dial & Bezel Feb 14, 2019

Sharp case. Beautiful dial. GLWS :thumbsup:

sdre and bazamu like this.
  3. OMEGuy Feb 16, 2019

A beautiful watch and a fair price... :thumbsup:

Stufuse, bazamu and Lowflight like this.
  4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 28, 2019

Bump

Johnnied likes this.
  5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Mar 1, 2019

OHPF to a great forum member

Spacefruit likes this.