Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022-69 Pre-Moon w/ Original Papers

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 21, 2019

I know this is getting a little crazy at this point with the concurrent FS posts...but the Marie Kondo clean-out still continues...I have way too many watches. I bought this watch from the original owner and it's accompanied by its original papers. I was planning on upgrading the bezel and keeping it as a nice, unpolished version of a -69 pre-moon, but I ended up buying another -69 about a month later and can't keep both.

As he described it "I walked down the street in vehicle-less Zermatt, where they only allow horse drawn sleighs since it can only be reached by train through the high Alps. The shop was the most high-end one in Zermatt and was close to the train station on the main street. I knew NASA had just landed on the Moon with this watch a few months before. If I’d had $1,100.00 I would have bought the limited edition solid 18Kt gold one sitting alongside it. That gold one weighed a ton!"

Dial: The dial on this Speedy is in excellent condition, with a pleasing and consistent hue to the lume. The color of the dial is also interesting and mirrors how @Spacefruit described a somewhat recent example that he was selling - "The dial is black but has that lovely secondary tint of brown. Its not tropical, but it is not full black either." I'm not selling this at a "tropical" price level, but you'll have a very interesting dial to admire. Any marks that are shown in the pictures are on the crystal, not the dial.

Hands: Hands are all original but the lume has aged to a darker hue than the dial plots. This is commonly seen on Speedmasters of this era and the original owner vouched for the lack of any changes over the years.

Case: The case is one of the strongest assets of this example, as it is totally unpolished and razor sharp. Pre-moon caseback is also in good shape with no major blemishes and the hallmark hippocampus. Correct "dot-over-ninety" bezel has damage but is original to the watch (and the almighty dot is present ;)).

Movement: Movement is clean, with no visible wear. The owner said it had been serviced routinely at points in his ownership, but could not remember the last time. In multiple daily wears, it kept good time and all chronograph functions worked crisply. I do not formally time my watches and recommend that the ultimate buyer services this watch if it will be used heavily.

Accessories: The watch is accompanied by its original paperwork, signed by the jeweler in Zermatt and dated 1970. The sale is head-only, but I can add a NATO strap for no charge.

My asking price is $6,750 or best offer, which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space.
    8-11-19-1.jpg 8-10-19-1.jpg 8-10-19-2.jpg 8-10-19-3.jpg 8-10-19-4.jpg 8-10-19-5.jpg 8-10-19-6.jpg 8-10-19-7.jpg 8-11-19-2.jpg 6-29-19-2.jpg

Edited Sep 1, 2019
  2. whyboddau Aug 21, 2019

Gorgeous piece! Good luck with the sale!

bazamu likes this.
  3. R3D9 Aug 21, 2019

That case looks sharper than my 2 month old Speedy. Wow! Where do you find these things!?

Lonestar and bazamu like this.
  4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 21, 2019

Ha, it’s easier to find them when you don’t have a social life (shout out to my toddler) :p

R3D9 and Yak1 like this.
  5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 28, 2019

Bump

Screwbacks likes this.
  6. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Sep 1, 2019

Bump, price drop

7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Sep 2, 2019

OHPF to a great forum member

watch3s likes this.