Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022-69, One owner, Full papers, Extract, Serviced.

1. mr_yossarian Nov 19, 2017

In the light of recent and justified discussions, two words first: Full disclosure.

Like most here, I orientate on the Speedmaster101 price-chart and the way it gets to prices. This is a good and transparent standard and I'm happy it exists.
    The pictures will back up the statements made in the description. If you feel things are unclear or missing, just let me know.

Where is the watch from:

It was bought by me from the first owner who owned it since new.
    I had a very nice 2 hours call with the German Gentleman prior to the purchase.
    He bought this watch during vacation, actually two Speedies that same day ( both are on the receipt), one for him and one for a friend simply because they were cheaper in Switzerland than in Germany.
    The receipt shows the last 3 digits of the serials and the Swiss Catalogue number 5809. (You can easily check this with old catalouges available online, as well as the 1972 RRP of 525 Swiss Francs a 145.022 with Steel Bracelet.)
    He gave it out of hands once, to an aquainted watchmaker for a movement overhaul somewhen in the 80s, it was never send to Omega. The watch is original in all parts (see my Notes)

CONDITION:

CASE: unpolished, beautiful sharp, textures and edges are fully present. No major dings, only traces from wearing as to be expected on an unpolished case.
    DIAL: Step dial, MWO Type C1. Missing some lume on some markers, otherwise flawless, dark black, original Tritium-hands with darker aged lume. (see night shot)
    BEZEL: DO 90, usually 3099xx serials mostly came with DNN's ,but not all.
    MOVEMENT: excellent condition, I had it fully serviced in August 2017
    BRACELET: earliest 1171/633 Bracelet with Omega Logo on buckle and non-cut out 633 endlinks. Signs of wear. 22(!) Links, full lenght, will fit most ankles as well.
    CRYSTAL: Original domed, Omega signed.

The Watch comes with:
    Full documents: Sales receipt, warranty card ( all properly stamped & filled out, the watch was bought in Lucerne, Switzerland in August 1972)
    Extract from the Archives: confirming the papers, production date was October 1970 which matches Production timeframe and Serial-range of 145.022-69s. Watch was delivered to Switzerland.)
    - Period correct Box
    Box: I added a period correct Box. The original box was left behind in Switzerland. This ( and the second Speedy from the receipt) watch crossed the Border from Switzerland to Germany in the Bra of the previous owner‘s wife, for Tax&Customs reasons.

What did I change on the Watch?

Bezel:
    It came with a remarkable pristine DON that easily is worth 4k. I swapped it for an adequate DON in very nice condition, for the sake of balance (price and conditionwise), otherwise I would have had trouble to resonably price it.
    Caseback:
    It originally came with a early 71-Caseback. I sourced a correct '69 caseback for peace of mind, even though the original owner remembered clearly he bought it with the '71 ( He rememberd both Speedies having different Casebacks.)
    If Omega delivered the Watch with the Caseback or if the AD swapped it in '72 to make it the "most recent" version will probably never be uncovered.
    I in fact contacted Rückli in Lucerne this Summer, asking for either the sales person ( A. Weiss) from the documents or - chances are he/she has deceased - anyone else who could know what was common practice with in-stock watches back then. Unfortunatly, I never received any reply..

So much for the details. Besides that and the History....it is a pleasure to wear and look at.

My asking price is 7000 Euros, which is roughly 8300 USD.

My base price was deducted from "good" (6800$), mainly taking into account the dial, the Bezel, the movement. The excellent case leans more towards collector. These prices are „Head only“
    This Speedy comes with an early 1171 bracelet, full documents and a matching Box.

The watch is located in Germany, I will be in London coming week though (Tuesday & Wednesday.)
    Shipping & other organisational things can be agreed on individually.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards & Thanks to OF!

1.jpg

All papers, including Service-Receipt.
    5.jpg

With 1175/640 (optional)
    4.jpg
    Top lugs
    1.jpg
    Bottom Lugs 2.jpg
    Caseband
    8.jpg
    10.jpg
    Caseback, excellent, deep engraved Seahorse
    9.jpg

Dial & hands. No scratches, no damage.
    20170610_090239.jpg

Movement pictures
    3.jpg

4.jpg
    A shot in the dark. some missing lume at 3 to 6 o clock.
    3.jpg

Sunlight: reveals all edges and textures
    11.jpg

12.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

tzachi, Kmart, Benny57 and 36 others like this.
  2. MaiLollo Nov 19, 2017

A real gem. GLWTS

mr_yossarian likes this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 20, 2017

Now that’s a listing :thumbsup:

GLWS ;)

4. repoman Nov 20, 2017

what a beauty!

mr_yossarian likes this.
  5. Dial & Bezel Nov 21, 2017

Stunner! GLWS :D

6. Seaborg Nov 21, 2017

If only I could...

7. Dash1 Nov 23, 2017

So rare to find with box and papers. Great guy to deal with as well.

Nathan1967 and mr_yossarian like this.
  8. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Nov 23, 2017

Photo of wife please :whistling:

From 1972 that is... :D

Starman71, Bulldozer, dubois and 3 others like this.
  9. mr_yossarian Nov 27, 2017

BUMP. With quick guide. Attractiveness not calculated..
    calc.jpg

Edited Nov 27, 2017
    tzachi and Nathan1967 like this.
  10. mr_yossarian Nov 28, 2017

limited number of bumps available :)

11. alam Nov 28, 2017

These are closely monitored by an all volunteer [OF] Bump Police force :p Good looking Speedy! GLWS!

BenBagbag and mr_yossarian like this.
  12. mr_yossarian Dec 4, 2017

OHPF. Seems to have found a goog new home.

Nathan1967 likes this.
  13. mr_yossarian Dec 5, 2017

Sold to a new home very far away from Switzerland. Thanks OF and thanks to the buyer!

14. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 5, 2017

Congrats to the buyer and the seller :thumbsup:

15. Autaviano Dec 6, 2017

Gorgeous set, fantastic pics, excellent sales post. A+

tzachi likes this.
  16. Nathan1967 Dec 6, 2017

Der Busen schmuggelte die Uhr!
    What a great story and a lovely watch to boot!

mr_yossarian likes this.