Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022-69 & Extract

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 28, 2019

I know I am going to regret letting this one go ...

IMG_9974.jpg

(marks on the bezel are dirt, since been gently cleaned off)

Up for grabs my stunning 145.022-69 with 220 misprint DNN bezel and extract of the archives.

When folks mention the 'condition condition condition' mantra, this is what they are talking about.

The SN is 3059XXXX and the watch was produced on 16 December 1970 (for the December babies) according to the extract.
    This is correct for the first batch of misprinted 220 DNN bezel Speedmasters.

The glossy black dial and creamy lume are in perfect condition, as is the bezel.
    The case is unpolished with all factory finishes present, and very sharp edges.
    This watch has seen use in its life.

The bracelet (marked 4/70) is also in excellent condition, and shows signs of wear coherent with the rest of the watch.

Time and chronograph functionality works smoothly, however a service is quite far back in its history, and is a highly recommended.

Due to the current lack of sun at my house in the North, I have been forced to resort to using lighting indoors ... I really don't like it and I apologize in advance. However, during the bi-weekly process of belaboring myself to the point of this sale, I was out and about and was able to find a bit of sun, so more sunlight pics follow...

Lets walk through the warts-n-all pictures (as usual, clicking images links to super high resolution versions).

IMG_2455.jpg

Perfect bezel, perfect case, perfect dial with the usual slightly darker discoloration of the hand lume.
    Horrible blue lighting does no justice here.
    Those hands look like they have never been taken off to me.
    But as usual, I may be wrong.

All marks are on the crystal and not the dial ... this dial is flawless.

IMG_2457.jpg

Caseback is unpolished with some signs of use.
    Thankfully no idiot-marks.
    Pusher stems are turquoise-y which to me indicates no service in a very long time...this matches what I heard upon purchase.
    I bought it with the intention of getting it serviced and wearing it, but alas that did not occur.

IMG_2458.jpg IMG_2460.jpg IMG_2461.jpg

Correct crown and pushers, factory brushing, razor sharp edges. This darned light got in my way and distracted me at this point, and so I fiddled with it, and wasn't focusing on taking the pictures, thus crown and pusher side's shots are a bit shabby.

IMG_2463.jpg

Crystal could use a polish.
    Mind the lugs, they're sharp.

IMG_2465.jpg IMG_2466.jpg IMG_2467.jpg

As mentioned, the shots of this side are better, but the condition all round is a match.
    A few scratches on the polished facets, but that is to be expected on a 49 year old watch.
    On the wrist without the aid of the macro view these pictures give, its hard to see, and all one sees is that dial...

IMG_2468.jpg

Again, lugs how we like them...unmolested, factory original and razor sharp.

IMG_0027.jpg

Dust cap (I guess it too is original, I honestly have no clue, am not a dust-cap-guru...also too lazy to whip out MWO.).

IMG_0029.jpg

Case-back has no service marks.

IMG_0031.jpg

Immaculate looking movement.

IMG_2470.jpg IMG_2471.jpg IMG_2472.jpg IMG_2473.jpg

End-links and bracelet in fine condition and match the rest of the watch.
    No stretch, sprung links are still very tight and pop back, clasp closes tightly.
    Bracelet is about 16cm long, with 23 links, and so when mounted fits the biggest of wrists (I have a 19cm/7.5inch wrist and there is about half a clasp over for extension).

A lovely set that will give a lot of pleasure.

The only fault I can find are the last links of the bracelet which attach to the springbars ... they are slightly deformed. I received it this way unknowingly and without disclosure. I believe any watchmaker worth his weight in salt can easily rectify this as part of a service.

And now come the sunlight shots. More realistic portrayal of colors and textures IMHO.

IMG_9959.jpg IMG_9960.jpg IMG_9961.jpg IMG_9969.jpg IMG_9970.jpg IMG_9971.jpg IMG_9972.jpg IMG_9974.jpg IMG_9977.jpg IMG_9978.jpg IMG_9981.jpg IMG_9983.jpg

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit. I am selling to refocus. Nothing new about that. I will most likely have one or two more items for sale soon.

Terms and conditions. 9250 CHF | 9300 USD | 8150 EURO | 7100 GBP wired directly to my Transferwise account for the full set.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so I will accept a wire directly to my Swiss bank account, however that will be in CHF, and will thus cost you conversion and transfer fees. Paypal F&F should also be ok, in CHF as specified. I use Transferwise as it saves you on these fees, and is a local transaction for us both. More currencies are available upon request. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation.

I will include expedited shipping (plus insurance) to wherever you are in the world. EU postage can be arranged.

For my references here as a seller, please search the 'seller profiles & reviews' subforum. I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms about the watch are welcome.

Thanks OF for this space :thumbsup:

Edit :

No trades (unless you have a chocolate 2998-1/2 or a similar condition 2913-1/2/3 to swap :whistling:), cash only. This is not a best-lowball-offer-wins-the-cherry auction, so lowballers move along please, nothing to see here...

Edited Jan 30, 2019
    GregH, AS69, merchandiser and 48 others like this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 29, 2019

Always happy to see a watch that used to be part of my own collection, hope this is going to a good new home :thumbsup:

Worth to add that Eugene is an absolute trustworthy seller (I mean, look at this listing !) and he’s only the third owner of this beauty. I was the second and I used to buy it from a priest who bought it back in the seventies, worn it occasionally, then stored it in his vault for four decades. I can remember his wet eyes while handing over the crater box with the watch to me - this watch for sure did mean a thing to the good Sir.

To me, this watch is an example of a collector piece and I sincerely hope somebody will take ownership of the whole set. GLWS!

NT931, jB1128, KstateSkier and 9 others like this.
  3. NT931 Jan 29, 2019

One of the most lovingly detailed FS ads I've seen in a while, great pics, clear and honest descriptions, and if the mods ever want to show newbies an example of how to craft a FS ad, this would be an excellent example! GLWTS!

4. Frederic_gva Jan 29, 2019

I totally agree with @kov !!

If I did not own a -69 with 220 bezel I would buy it !!!

GLWS

mblease, eugeneandresson and kov like this.
  5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 29, 2019

@kov, @NT931, @Frederic_gva ... humble thanks for your kind words...you guys make me blush :thumbsup:

To everyone else that has reached out : thank you. No trades (unless you have a chocolate 2998-1/2 or a similar condition 2913-1/2/3 to swap :whistling:), cash only. This is not a best-lowball-offer-wins-the-cherry auction, so lowballers move along please, nothing to see here...

OP amended.

Edited Jan 29, 2019
  6. gostang9 Jan 29, 2019

D*mn, if I could only scrape together the cash now it would be an easy BIN for me.
    :(

eugeneandresson likes this.
  7. rkman11 Jan 29, 2019

Well that was like walking through an art gallery. So much beauty to see in that listing! If I could, I would - GLWS!!!

8. Frederic_gva Jan 29, 2019

and I also got mine thanks to @kov BTW....

kov and eugeneandresson like this.
  9. bardamu Jan 29, 2019

Great FS ad, stunning watch, GLWS!

10. FREDMAYCOIN Jan 29, 2019

OMG. Come on freakin lotto ticket.

merchandiser and eugeneandresson like this.
  11. EdtheAussie Jan 30, 2019

Must not be tempted!

Awesome looking watch mate::love::

GLWS !

12. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 30, 2019

OHPF.

13. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 30, 2019

Boom!

What a great watch, congrats to buyer!

A very good watch

14. shishy www.hpmor.com Jan 30, 2019

quality sells

Lonestar, mblease, Matth84 and 4 others like this.
  15. chronoboy64 Jan 30, 2019

huge congrats to the buyer and seller :thumbsup: