Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.022-68 Transitional

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 19, 2019

Up for sale is a rare and beautiful 145.022-68 transitional Speedy. These don't come up all that often and when they do, they're not usually this nice. I bought a (very expensive) grail and am backfilling by listing a handful of mainstays from my collection, hence all the activity recently. I didn't expect to sell this any time soon, but tough decisions had to be made. Condition report below:

Dial:
    The 145.022-68 transitional models are visually identical to the preceding 145.012-67 reference, with stepped dials, applied metal logos, and long indices. This particular dial is in perfect shape with vibrant, creamy patina and all indices intact. The photos should speak for themselves. Any specks / spots are on the original crystal.

Hands: Handset (both hand stack and all subdials) is in terrific shape. Lume matches the dial indices perfectly and there is no damage or corrosion to any of the hands.

Case: Strong case that has been previously polished, though not egregiously. Original facets are still intact and case lines are sharp. Caseback is also in good shape, with the pre-moon hippocampus intact as well as the writing.

Bezel / Crown:
    Original "dot over ninety" bezel is in great shape. I don't think I need to point out the value of the bezel alone in today's market. Original "flat foot" crown is still here as well.

Movement: The only difference between this and the 145.012 was the transition to a caliber 861 movement, which winds crisply and keeps great time. The movement is in the correct serial range (27325XXX). All chronograph functions work correctly and accurately (start, stop, and reset). The watch is being sold as-is, however, and service is recommended eventually by the buyer.

Accessories: The watch is being sold head-only, but I also have a 1039 bracelet with 516 end links that I will package with it for an additional (reasonable) price. If interested in the bracelet too, please say so in your inquiry. I've included a couple pictures of the watch on this 1039 at the end of the listing.

My asking price is $9,500 (head only), which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space.
    IMG_9094.jpg IMG_9085.jpg IMG_9087.jpg IMG_9096.jpg IMG_9105.jpg IMG_9095.jpg IMG_9118.jpg IMG_9122.jpg IMG_9110.jpg IMG_1419.jpg 10-19-19-1.jpg 10-19-19-4.jpg 10-19-19-5.jpg

2. repoman Oct 20, 2019

This is one of those watches that when I look at it I think "damn, I'd love to own that". GLWS.

bazamu likes this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 20, 2019

My kinda watch. Luckily I’m all strapped out as this one definitely gives me an itchy trigger finger. GLWS.

bazamu and kov like this.
  4. Swissgmt1675 Oct 20, 2019

Awesome specimen...Good luck with your sale

bazamu likes this.
  5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 21, 2019

OHPF - thanks to all who inquired and to OF for indulging my backfilling!

Just Livin, jeppehh, incabloc and 4 others like this.
  6. Xeer Oct 21, 2019

Thank God. This was killing me.

bazamu, Darkhorse and cooljme like this.