Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.012 1967

1. photo500 Oct 6, 2016

Hi All,
    Selling my last 321 Speedy, serial 25004XXX originally delivered here to Australia in 1968. To the best of my knowledge it was a one owner watch until the last few years. The owner lived in Kalgoorlie which is a major gold mining town here in Western Australia. It has a very dry, hot climate and back in the 60's it was the Wild West. An extract of the Archives is included showing this is an original factory produced Speedmaster. This is a Speedmaster that was clearly a treasured possession not a museum piece.

Case; HF made in good original shape, the middle has not been refinished. The case back is almost polished smooth from wear but held on an angle the Seamonster can be seen. It has a personal engraving which reads "TJ Watson" then at the 6 "Kalgoorlie" The pushers are original and have been dismantled and cleaned/lubed. The crown is original (one of the three listed in MWO)

Crystal; New service replacement signed Omega, the one that came with the watch was not original or signed Omega

Dial; Correct for the reference, Lovely looking faded grey. Markers look great with a beautiful color. I think it's original but cannot prove anything either way. I'm certainly not going to poke the lume to see what happens! It DOES NOT glow at all.

Hands; Hour, minute and chrono sweep seconds are service replacements aged by me to match the dial. They glow very faintly. Subdial hands are original and carefully repainted. The 3 wrecked original hands will come with the watch.

Movement; Fully serviced and overhauled, new balance complete fitted, genuine mainspring etc! Chronograph working correctly and resetting properly including the 12 hour counter subdial. Chrono sweep is smooth. Work was done by me.

Bezel; Vintage Decimeter in faded and slightly scratched condition. This was a factory option and is much, much rarer than any old DON ;) Australia switched to the decimal system in the mid 60's and I can only speculate the new owner wanted to get on the bandwagon so to speak. *EDIT* is it original to the watch? Is it a 60's bezel? Well I didn't buy the watch new.....and the bezel type is not mentioned on the extracts. MWO has no definitive info either. Please make up your own mind on this.

Strap; Delivered on a handmade 20/16 tapered leather with generic buckle.

Asking $5250 USD + 4% for international PayPal. Includes express post delivery to anywhere in the world. Bank transfer is ok and at a pinch I can accept CC as well.

I'm happy to answer any questions, please contact me here via DM. You can check out the kind of work I do as a watchmaker @lewiswatchco on Instagram

The photos were taken in different types of lighting so you can properly assess the case and dial.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited Oct 6, 2016
    milwatch126, kov, Spacefruit and 7 others like this.
  2. photo500 Oct 6, 2016

[​IMG]

3. photo500 Oct 6, 2016

I've read Speedmaster 101 again and been through MWO again too. So there can be no debate over what the Decimeter bezel is worth I'm going to drop the price of the watch, essentially valuing the bezel at zero.... I do not want to risk an incorrect description. My reputation is more important to me than the price of a bezel. The buyer can then buy him/herself a DON in reasonable condition. Can't say fairer than that. $5250 USD

4. photo500 Oct 8, 2016

Bump, lots of interest but nothing firm yet. I'm heading overseas for two weeks this Friday the 14th. Be great to get this on its way to the new owner before then [emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. photo500 Oct 11, 2016

Sold! Thanks OF and buyer :)

6. trackpad Oct 12, 2016

I love the decimeter bezel, and think it is extremely undervalued. It's far more different and distinctive aesthetically than a DON v. a DNN. The look is downright Heuer-esq, and I think we're just one Hodinkee article away from a price premium on these.

Congrats to the buyer on taking ownership of an honest and distinctive looking piece with a real history.

photo500 and SpeedTar like this.
  7. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 14, 2016

Wow, that was a stunner ! :thumbsup:

photo500 likes this.