Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 145.0012 / 321 New Build. Lewis Watch Co.

1. photo500 Mar 21, 2017

In between the SM300's I've been working on a Speedmaster as well. There is only one of these!

This Speedy has been built in a similar way to them, all parts are brand new, all parts are genuine....except the 321 movement with a 67 serial is of course a vintage item.

Omega didn't make this model with a display back, but they should have :). I have fitted a modern sapphire display back and made sure it locates the movement properly.

The movement has been comprehensively overhauled, some parts were refinished, many were replaced. It also has a brand new balance complete which goes some way to explaining the timing performance.

Start stop and reset are flawless, there is no hour recorder creep.

New service cases come without serial numbers engraved into the lugs so I made sure to link the serial to the case and put my company initials as well so there can be no mistake where this piece has come from or what it represents.

I have fitted a brown alligator strap and an older version of the deployant clasp. Both are new but older stock. The back of the strap has been treated to resist moisture. This type of clasp does not have buttons, it snaps open and shut with a pressure fit. The advantage is it is very low profile.

The Speedy has been tested waterproof to 30m on the Witschi Proofmaster S, which is correct for a Speedmaster but in reality this needs to be kept away from water. Replacing 321 parts that are rusty is a VERY expensive exercise!

A certificate has been produced and lists the particulars of the watch, strap and clasp as well as its timing and pressure test results. The complete large wooden box set from the Planet Ocean / Seamaster is also included.

If you are in the market for a 'New' Speedmaster please consider mine :) It's a lot more fun!

The price is $6000 Australian dollars plus paypal fee's.

Pics!

IMG_1860.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

IMG_1862.JPG

IMG_1861.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

Edited Mar 21, 2017
    blacksharpie, Puma, irta and 15 others like this.
  2. photo500 Mar 21, 2017

OHPF, I think thats a new record for me. Thank you to OF and buyer :)

3. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Mar 21, 2017

Im digging that caseback. The 321 deserves to be shown

marco, photo500, KstateSkier and 3 others like this.
  4. photo500 Mar 22, 2017

And sold, thank you OF and buyer. This Speedy is going to be spending its life on some Islands in the Central Pacific Ocean ;)

alam, LawBrk, Tk421 and 2 others like this.
  5. Nactex Mar 23, 2017

I have to admit that this concept for a 321 Speedmaster is quite intriguing. Everything about it shouts quality. It is closer to what everyone wanted for a 60th anniversary Speedmaster than what Omega has just introduced.

marco and photo500 like this.
  6. KstateSkier Mar 23, 2017

I'd say Omega hit a home run... But thats just my opinion (and a couple hundred other OF'ers ;) )

photo500 likes this.