Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 105.012 Serviced + Extract + 1039/516

1. photo500 Jul 31, 2016

Hi All,
    Continuing the sales to raise money for my workshop. (I've only got a few more to go please bear with me ) Here is another very nice 65 Speedy 105.012 which has been fully serviced. This particular Speedmaster was the subject of an earlier thread I posted here on OF. https://omegaforums.net/threads/65-speedmaster-105-012-in-for-restoration.37297/ Due to the expected time and cost associated with the work I acquired this one from the owner not long after all the original 'patina' was found inside the case.

A huge amount of work was put into bringing this 321 back from the brink. Many parts were replaced and many others repaired, cleaned and refinished. All functions now work properly and it has a proper sharp reset of the chronograph including the 12 hour counter. Everything is clean and back the way it should be inside. Needless to say that if you had to pay for all this work it would have been an uneconomical repair.

The case was refinished properly by me and is now in near mint condition. It has new correct style press in pushers and the original old crown. The caseback is protected with a sticker, the Seamonster logo and Speedmaster wording are visible but not particularly deep. There is a personal engraving which reads "Hunter Gillies" then "24-2-67" The extract of the archives shows delivery to Australia in November 1966 so it seems to have not sat on a shelf for too long.

Bezel is a lovely part faded DON, the dial the watch came in with was incorrect and actually belonged to an Ed White so I had to source another dial. This one has some slight bubbles to the sealing lacquer but is otherwise in good condition with good looking hour markers. The crystal is old but not an original 60's one. It does have an Omega logo in the center. Hands are period tritium replacements thanks to the originals having lost much of their white paint.

I recently obtained an extract of the archives for the watch and everything is as it should be. The extract will of course be included in the sale. This watch was actually delivered new to Australia, there cant have been too many coming this way at that time as Australia's total population then was only 11.6 million. Many of which were likely sheep ;)

This 65 is on a new handmade leather strap but comes with a 1039 bracelet and 516 end links, all the stretch links work properly. The bracelet is pretty worn but complete and there is a bit of dent to the clasp. No date in the clasp. It did not come to me with this watch.

Timegrapher pics available for those that need them. The watch is running equal to or better than most 321's. It's poor service history is now well behind it.

Price is $8000 USD. Paypal preferred but plus 4% for fee's. So $8000 USD NET to me. Speedmaster pricing seems all over the place just now but I think this is fair given the amount of servicing that has gone into it and its current condition. I accept however that in your opinion it may not be quite as nice as the last one I sold.

Pics!! Please excuse the fingerprints, some of these were taken in full sun on a warm day.

IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0677.JPG IMG_0678.JPG IMG_0679.JPG IMG_0684.JPG IMG_0685.JPG IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0655.JPG

Edited Aug 2, 2016
    OMGRLX likes this.
  2. photo500 Jul 31, 2016

More photos [emoji2][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Jul 31, 2016

In with the GLWYS before the OHPF :)

4. photo500 Aug 2, 2016

Pics of the included 1039/516 bracelet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. photo500 Aug 3, 2016

Forgot to mention it has a really cool serial number ..... 24012345 ::psy::

kov, MikiJ, oddboy and 2 others like this.
  6. photo500 Aug 3, 2016

Need to sell this guys, one time reduction to $7500USD before it goes off to eBay

7. photo500 Aug 10, 2016

Took a while this one but now OHPF :) Thanks OF and to all who enquired.

kidkimura likes this.
  8. photo500 Aug 12, 2016

Thanks again to OF and buyer [emoji2]

oddboy likes this.