Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 105.012-66 CB £8900

1. Davidt Jun 25, 2019

Offering for sale my Speedmaster 105.012-66 CB. All parts are believed to be original. This watch has been in my collection since early 2014 and in light rotation ever since. It wears beautifully and the combination of the steel case with the faded bezel gives a wonderful look.

Details:

Case - Stainless steel asymmetric case made by Le Centrale Boites. More commonly known as the CB case and only seen on this one reference. Case has light surface wear as shown in the pictures but is unpolished with strong facets on each of the lugs and is generally in very good condition. I think you'll struggle to find a better case for this money in today's market.

Dial - Correct applied logo, wide T, step dial in good condition with no damage or losses to the text or minute track. Lume doesn't glow uniformly under uv so I assume it has either been stabilised or touched up in the past (not by me!).

Hands - All hands are correct for this reference. Hour, minute and chrono hands have been relumed in the past with none glowing compound.

Bezel - Dot over Ninety bezel in very good condition. This has faded wonderfully over the years and gives real character to the watch. Depending on the lighting it varies from a dark, to mid, to graphite grey. It really is stunning in the flesh.

Crown - Omega service crown.

Pushers - Omega service pushers (correct short/flat type used on ref 105.012 but with narrow neck, unlike original pushers which have the fat neck).

Movement - Omega calibre 321 with 24mil serial, dating to Aug '67 according to ilovemyspeedmaster.com. Fully serviced by WatchGuy in summer 2014 and in full working order.

Pros:
    All parts believed to be original.
    Unpolished CB case.
    Stunning DoN bezel.
    Movement in full working order.
    Very attractive overall.

Cons:
    Lume appears to have had work in the past (either touched up in places or stabilised).
    Hands repainted and with new non-glowing compound.

Overall this is a beautiful watch. I bought it before Speedmaster-mania hit so it's not an example that has ever been messed with to maximise saleability. All parts are believed to be original and correct. The bezel looks amazing in person and most importantly the package overall looks very attractive.

Terms:
    £8900 GBP (approx $11,350 US) head only, net to me. Speedmaster101 has this at $13k for a 'good' example of this reference.
    Payment via bank transfer (or PayPal gift for established members).
    Worldwide insured delivery included.
    Watch is located in the UK and UK sale preferred but worldwide can be arranged via ParcelPro.
    Returns only accepted from EU buyers due to difficulties getting items back into the UK without paying import duties. Worldwide buyers, please bear this in mind.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
    IMG_2436.JPG IMG_2438.JPG IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2440.JPG IMG_2441.JPG IMG_2446.JPG FullSizeRender.jpeg IMG_4108.JPG IMG_4110.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG IMG_2451.JPG IMG_4104.JPG

Edited Jul 2, 2019
    ChrisN, Bille, kov and 22 others like this.
  2. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jun 26, 2019

Nice to see such well defined facet lines on a CB David. GLWS.

Davidt likes this.
  3. BatDad Jun 26, 2019

This looks lovely! An honest watch and seller!

Question is - what’s it making space for! :) Hope we get to see that soon!

Davidt likes this.
  4. ICONO Jun 27, 2019

I can personally endorse the honesty of the Seller, and the scrupulous integrity, of his descriptions

Lovely, lovely example …GLWS, David

ChrisN, AveConscientia, kov and 4 others like this.
  5. Davidt Jul 2, 2019

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Bump it up.

6. Davidt Jul 9, 2019

Sold. Thanks OF, mods and the buyer.

Screwbacks and smitty190373 like this.