Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 105.003-65 "ed-white"

1. Japenney Sep 16, 2018

From 1965. Serviced by omega in 2017 as pictured. Comes with an extract, box (added later), Aaron bespoke strap.

Case - Excellent case

Bracelet - 1125 bracelet with 617 ends.

Dial - The dial is aging to a uniform speckled brown color as can be seen. The hour markers and hands were relumed by James Hyman in the UK.

Bezel insert - service insert. I would encourage the new owner for grab a proper DON for it.

I believe the pushers are service pushers and the crown is correct I believe.

All trades considered. I am very experienced at shipping internationally fully insured and am happy to do so. I have many references available across multiple forums (including this one). Small discount available for Canadian buyers due to currency exchange and shipping costs.

Price (sale/trade) is firm at $10,999 usd. No lower offers please.

Josh

Omega Speedmaster 1965 (1 of 2).jpg caseback.jpg fdb5fad48056cde2dfbbff7a4e08d5ed.jpg watches (6 of 11).jpg watches (1 of 11).jpg movement.jpg Omega Speedmaster 1965 (2 of 2).jpg
    Edited Sep 16, 2018
  2. airansun In the shuffling madness Sep 16, 2018

GLWS from some who has 24538133, ten serial numbers below yours!

Edited Sep 16, 2018
    Rudi99 and gminnj like this.
  3. mr_yossarian Sep 16, 2018

Too bad, would've loved to have bought it from John for myself to wear it.
    Now here we go, 4 weeks later, 3k on top. Wish you had the dignity to sell it on Ebay at least..

As far as your FS/regular Post-ratio telIs, you actually belong in the deals section.

4. Don Bocadillo Sep 16, 2018

5. mr_yossarian Sep 16, 2018

What did he think? This would go unnoticed? This is maximum off attitude what OF is about.

sdre likes this.
  6. ConElPueblo Sep 16, 2018

That 1125 bracelet wasn't free, you know...

Seriously though, if the OP paid customs on the watch after his purchase, this is more or less braking even.

guaranteed.rohu and BenBagbag like this.
  7. Dan S Sep 16, 2018

Why does the movement photo have different end links? And a different background? Is it the same watch as the other photos?

kov likes this.
  8. ext1 Sep 16, 2018

Probably because it was opened at a watchmaker's place, maybe?

9. Dan S Sep 16, 2018

That would be fine. I just wanted the seller to confirm that it's the same watch in photos #7 and #8 since the end links are different (506 vs. 617).

ext1 and airansun like this.
  10. bags1971 Sep 16, 2018

I can answer that dan it’s my picture when I had it on a1035 with 506 end links

nonuffinkbloke, Dan S and BenBagbag like this.
  11. BenBagbag Sep 16, 2018

Look, there are no real rules being broken here, except for you stealing @bags1971 pictures...

But if this is a forum first and a sales platform second, your behavior certainly shows you don't respect that. Bags has been a real member here. Contributing to threads and even sharing stories with us about the hardships he has had at work. Your behavior seems to indicate that you are just straight up taking advantage of a sweet price to make quick money. This post is just lazy. You have stolen his photos, you haven't changed a thing about the watch other than throwing on a bracelet you created a WTB for the day after you bought the watch, you didn't even source a crap DON. Also, looking back I see you like-farmed when you said you had bought the watch a whole 32 days ago, back in Bags original sales post.

This is just poor form and a violation of good-faith, even if not a blatant sales violation.

:thumbsdown:

Edited Sep 16, 2018
    lando, sjg22, watchcollect and 4 others like this.
  12. sjg22 Sep 16, 2018

This is one of those situations where making $2k costs you significantly in terms of your reputation on OF.

I was happy for the seller and buyer when this one originally sold, hoping it was someone getting a sought after straight lug at a more affordable price; perhaps giving someone access that had thought they’d been priced out.

Unfortunately it’s now been made clear that it’s been bought as a flip by an OF member. The addition of the bracelet and box actually serve to make the original intent all the more clear, showcasing that the watch was prepped for sale, in addition to the fact this member is a high volume seller. As @mr_yossarian says: at least have the forethought to flip this on eBay...

Out of 55 posts on OF this year, 50 of this menber’s posts have been related to sales or WTBs, so 91% of this members’ interaction with this forum has been in the sales section. Of the remaining 5 posts, 2 of them were trying to find the correct bracelet for this watch leaving 3/55 posts, or 5%, actually contributing to the forum... Pretty sure that this is a flip regardless of what justifications are attempted.

Edited Sep 29, 2018
  13. airansun In the shuffling madness Sep 16, 2018

It would have gone a long way if the seller had simply acknowledged the provenance and attached a link.

I may have occasion to sell a watch I bought not long ago, but I’d certainly do the above.

As to what price? Obviously, if the market’s gone up, we’d all want to take advantage of that.

A lot depends on motives here and I don’t have enough information to really judge.

But the absence of that information does make me uncomfortable.

I’ve never bought a watch intending to resell it. Maybe that’s a way of separating collectors from dealers who also collect.

mr_yossarian likes this.
  14. Japenney Sep 16, 2018

I bought a watch and decided it was not for me a month later?? How many of you have flipped watches sooner? I added a nice vintage Omega box, bracelet, and a $250 (Cad) custom Aaron bespoke strap. I also paid some customs on the watch when imported to Canada. I am a reputable guy with over 100 sales references across rolexforums.com, this site, and canwatchco.ca where i do most of my trading as I am a Canadian. I am in rural Canada and do not have access to a watchmaker to open the watch and show the movement which is why i used a picture that was provided to me when I bought it. For all of you people who are acting rude you can kindly pound sand as I have no time for your words and attitude. I will not be responding further to this post. Feel free to PM me if you have interest.

My apologies for posting twice in one day I just felt the need to respond.

15. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 16, 2018

Isn't there a rule somewhere in the stickies about commenting on FS posts? Like starting a new thread?
    Seems like there's a new trend starting here criticizing newer members selling their watches.

16. Dan S Sep 16, 2018

No, that is not a rule. Here are the relevant rules about discussing items for sale:
    [Edit - here is the link to the rules: https://omegaforums.net/threads/ple...-rules-for-all-listings-inc-parts-wtb.54177/]

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 4.05.50 PM.png
    ---------------------------------- Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 4.06.00 PM.png

Edited Sep 16, 2018
    AndreiZ and sdre like this.
  17. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 16, 2018

I don't think you've been here long enough to know all the rules.

18. auxpomme Sep 16, 2018

The first rule of Omega Club is: You do not talk about Omega Club. The second rule of Omega Club is: You do not talk about Omega Club.

kingsrider and Swissgmt1675 like this.
  19. R3D9 Sep 16, 2018

Actually, the first rule of Omega Forums (you’re stretching a little too far to justify your analogy) is to set up an avatar for your profile.

Also, try not to cast judgement about a place you’ve only frequented for three or four months... otherwise, chances are that you have no idea what makes it a worthwhile place to visit in the first place.

To help speed you along, the best part about the Private OF sales forums is that it’s primarily collectors selling to collectors... no built-in markup... no purely-for-profit motive.

The more it becomes a for-profit sales forum, the more it becomes like every other watch website on the internet.

If you don’t like the general attitude around here, there are plenty of other forums that list all kinds of watches for silly prices that are happy to accept your patronage - with or without an avatar... no minimum post limit either. Heck, there’s even a Dealers sales forum here on OF :thumbsup:

morningtundra and dan7800 like this.
  20. auxpomme Sep 16, 2018

I think you have me confused with someone else but I do 100% agree with you. Now... off to find an avatar.