Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Speedmaster 105.003-65 "Ed White" - CHF 8680 (NEW PICTURES)

1. iamvr Jan 17, 2024

Hi OF

I was the lucky one to get my hands on Achim's Ed White listed last June here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...cellent-condition-original-unmolested.160243/

I've only had the chance to wear and enjoy it a few times as it spent most of the last six months at my watchmaker's for the pusher replacement. While the correct pushers were finally shipped beginning of December, I bid on another EW on eBay and won (why the hell, you ask? See my post here and you'll understand that I couldn't resist).

I wish I could keep both EWs, but family duties urge me to release this one into the wild again.

DSC_4326.jpeg

Specifications and conditions
    Trying to use William's rating scale, I'd say this example is a solid "good". Let's go into the details.
    Model: Omega Speedmaster
    Reference: 105.003-65 "Ed White"
    Dial: The most attractive part of the watch IMO. The dial is unblemished. The lume is intact on all markers with an attractive patina. I would describe it as dark mustard color. Rating: good+.
    Hands: Intact tritium, slightly darker in the hour and minute hands compared to the tritium on the dial, which is not uncommon. Very dark lume in the chrono sweep hand. Rating: good.
    Case: Signs of use and wear like scratches, shallow dings and nicks here and there, nothing distracting. From what I read here on the forum, a -65 should have distinct bevels on the lugs. They are still visible, but are no longer clearly defined, so I assume a polish in the past. Some scratches on the case back. The Speedmaster text and the Hippocampus are still crisp. Rating: good
    Bezel: DON bezel in good condition. No major lacquer loss that's distracting. There is a mild dent between 60 and 65. The edge of the bezel insert is slightly abraded at around 80. Other minor imperfections are only visible under a loupe. Rating: good-
    Movement: Cal. 321. The movement serial number 24536xxx dates it to approx. 1967. The watch runs as it should including the chronograph function, i.e. starts and resets. While looking at the pictures I realize that the hour counter hand doesn't perfectly align to 12, which can be easily sorted out during a service, which is recommended prior to regular wearing as the service history is unknown.
    Pushers: The watch came with wrong larger pushers. I sourced the correct pushers, that my watchmaker then put on. As you can see the new set of pushers are quite shiny, but I still prefer them to the previous larger pushers. These are included in the package in case you want to switch them back.
    Crown: Service crown
    Crystal: Original and signed.
    Accessories: Cool original JB Champion steel strip bracelet with calendar from January 1968 that came with the watch. Old set of pushers.

Terms:
    I'm asking CHF 8680 (plus shipping) which is the cost for me in my local currency to obtain the watch, the correct set of pushers and the watchmaker's work for the pusher replacement. I'm aware that the CHF strengthened al lot against any other currency over the last six months, so it's no longer a screaming bargain, but priced correctly for "good" example on the speedmaster101 pricing guide (i.e. USD 10'000), which indicates head-only prices, while this watch comes with a bracelet.

The watch and I are located in Switzerland. I'm happy to ship wordwide. No returns, I'm sorry. Wise and bank transfer are my preferred methods of payment. A F2F pick up in Zurich, Switzerland is also very welcome. I always enjoy meeting fellow members in person.

If you have any questions, please ask.

More pictures.
    DSC_4328.jpeg DSC_4320.jpeg DSC_4323.jpeg DSC_4325.jpeg DSC_4322.jpeg
    DSC_4330.JPG DSC_4333.JPG DSC_4335.JPG DSC_4336.JPG DSC_4337.JPG DSC_4339.JPG DSC_4342.JPG DSC_4345.JPG DSC_4356 2 Kopie.JPG DSC_4357.JPG DSC_4354.JPG
    IMG_5222.JPG
    IMG_5171.jpg
    Wristshot outside (the brown leather strap stays with me, sorry)
    IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5222.JPG
    Edited Jan 23, 2024
  2. cqing yolo Jan 19, 2024

I missed out this watch a few month ago and ended up paying a lot more to get another one from a dealer. Anyone looking for an EdWhite please do not miss this chance!

abistodenas, YYTIN, LesXL and 4 others like this.
  3. iamvr Jan 19, 2024

Bump with a video to show the chrono function works and how the watch shines under sunlight :)

Jkuback, Spacefruit, Heinz83 and 10 others like this.
  4. iamvr Jan 21, 2024

I was told by friend and member that the choice of background for my first set of pictures wasn't ideal as the camera lense would focus on the busy structure also affecting how the lume color would be represented. Here is a set of new pictures that should show the color of the lume more nicely.

Edit: New pictures are now added to the initial post.

Edited Jan 23, 2024
  5. iamvr Jan 23, 2024

Bump with new pictures and full description. You and the watch deserve this.

6. Sa Calobra Jan 25, 2024

Good point about the pictures, i will try it out! Great looking watch, glws!

7. iamvr Jan 29, 2024

Bump and more pics

IMG_4924.jpeg IMG_4925.jpeg IMG_5018.jpeg

8. iamvr Feb 12, 2024

Bump

9. iamvr Apr 1, 2024

Bump and did you notice that the CHF has weakened considerably lately? ;)

Aludic likes this.
  10. iamvr Apr 4, 2024

Bump and wristshot with the JB bracelet. Always good to know that the 12th January 1968 was a Friday.

IMG_7179.jpeg

YYTIN, MJG1971, Jkuback and 2 others like this.
  11. iamvr Apr 22, 2024

Bump