Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Speedmaster 105.003-64, Fully Serviced

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Dec 24, 2017

I don't typically take on "projects," but this was a case in which it was worth the effort. The watch came from a jewelry shop in Hawaii and was missing it's crown, had a damaged crystal, and wasn't in working order when I originally bought it. After months of work and waiting, it's now ready for a fresh lease on life, and given that my straight lug stable has exploded this past year, it's just not worth it to keep. I've done the hard work...now somebody else should enjoy it every day.

Onto the description:

Case:
    Curiously, -64 straight lugs exhibit a different case than all other, without beveled edges running along the top edge of the lugs. This is no different. Case is very thick and shows no pitting / corrosion. The watch was serviced by STS earlier this year, and the case was untouched. Double-stepped caseback is remarkably sharp...looks like it just rolled off the floor in Bienne. Crown is a replacement.

Dial / Handset: The dial has tons of wabi sabi, with mostly matching patina across the twelve plots. There's a slight mark on the dial near the 11 o'clock marker, and the 10-12 markers exhibit a slightly different shade of patina than the other nine. The rest of the dial is clean. The hands are original to the watch / have not been repainted. Lume on the hour / minute hands was matched to the spear chrono by STS, so those are the only "modified" components of the watch. Lume in the chrono hand is original.

Movement: As mentioned above, this has been fully serviced and (I believe) the one-year warranty is transferable. Since receiving the watch back last week, it has kept good time / all functions have worked perfectly. Sold as-is, but the service receipt will be included. I'm out of town until next Wednesday but will be happy to provide a movement picture, if necessary, before receiving payment. For now, I'll simply state that the serial and caseback both correspond to ref 105.003-64.

Strap / Accessories: The watch will be sold with the Bulang & Sons strap shown in the pictures. Strap is in very good shape with minimal wear.

Overall, this is an eminently wearable straight lug. My price is $11,250 via direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. I can be reached via PM or at [email protected].
    IMG_8911.jpg
    IMG_8900.jpg IMG_8910.jpg IMG_8912.jpg IMG_8915.jpg IMG_8901.jpg IMG_8902.jpg IMG_8903.jpg IMG_8905.jpg

Edited Jan 8, 2018
  2. Drawarms Dec 25, 2017

Great price

Autaviano and bazamu like this.
  3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Dec 28, 2017

Bump, open to reasonable offers

4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Dec 31, 2017

New Year's Eve price reduction to $12,500 shipped and insured worldwide.

5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 5, 2018

Bump, another price reduction to $12,250.

hugoafonso likes this.
  6. JohnSteed Jan 5, 2018

Fantastic looking caseback!!!

hugoafonso likes this.
  7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 8, 2018

Alright - had a very unexpected purchase fall into my lap over the weekend and I'm quite keen to move this piece on. My price is now $11,250 (net) for a fully-serviced straight lug Speedmaster. Good luck finding this same piece at that price from a dealer!

IMG_9327.jpg IMG_9330.jpg
    Edited Jan 9, 2018
  8. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 9, 2018

Sold, thanks OF and buyer