Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Speedmaster 105.002-62, excellent condition, NOW £12500

1. Fattony Aug 30, 2017

Evening all

This is a watch I am offering to the community first for a very short period of time before it goes up for sale on the site, I felt it was so rare that it warranted being offered here first.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The watch is a 105.002-62, it needs no introduction to this community and you will all know how rare this model was, being produced for a period of around six months only. Original produced with Alpha hands and being identical (with the exception of the case stamping to the 2998-62) and later seeing the hands change from Alpha to the traditional baton hands.

FullSizeRender.jpg

To see one of these watches for sale is a very rare occurrence and I am delighted to be able to offer it for sale, any Speedmaster 321 produced for around 6 months is something to be revered and a great investment opportunity for any collector/ connoisseur.

FullSizeRender[3].jpg

The watch has been with the same owner (prior to coming to me) for many years, it has been well cared for, it was serviced in 2008 at STS and has been fully checked and overhauled just by Simon Freese and comes with all the relevant service paperwork.

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

To save ‘the experts’ chipping in and for complete transparency the watch has service replacement crystal and later 105.003 black rehaut not silver (easily replaced), pushers and crown, the original sadly were not supplied with the watch. The baton hands are correct to the watch and the serial range (the serial number is 2052XXXX tallying exactly to Moonwatch only) but I cannot guarantee they are the original ones supplied to the watch as so so many of these 105.002’s have had hands replaced over the years (as William so appropriately points out on Speedmaster 101) the luminous material in the hands had gone so Simon has re-lumed the hands and replaced the second recorder (it had an incorrect later flat bottom recorder fitted)

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

The watch retains its original dial, its original case and case back, its original movement and retaining ring, dust cover, bezel, bracelet and N6 end links. The case is in good shape and is not excessively over polished, although it has been refinished at STS but this is to a good and high standard and retains a noticeable bevelled edge.

FullSizeRender[3].jpg

The movement is extremely clean and fits well in the accepted range of these 105.002-62 and fits within a serial range appropriate to the later production run with baton hands with 2052XXXX (happy to disclose the full serial via PM).

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

The case back as you can see from the images is very sharp with a clear hippocampus, the case as mentioned is not over polished and has a nicely defined lip on the non crown/ pusher side of the case.

The bracelet is in excellent condition and all expandable links work correctly and it is a full/ near full sized band with correct original number 6 end links.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Condition:

Case: Original, having been lightly polished previously and refinished by Swiss Time Services in 2008. Clearly defined case lip on the 9 o’clock side and bevelled edges still visible.

Case back: very clean and original, very clear hippocampus and in excellent condition

Crown and pushers: service replacement

Crystal and rehaut: service replacement with black rehaut

Hands: Correct baton hands with lume matching colour and consistency of the dial

Dial: Correct and original non T dial, no damage to dial, attractive luminous material but with some patina and loss of luminous in patches.

Bezel: Orignal DON in excellent original condition, some light ageing and marking.

Movement: serviced in 2008, completely original and correct, full checked and inspected by Simon Freese and supplied with relevant paperwork to confirm

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

This is an attractive watch and extremely rare, I am confident that this is one of the rarest Speedmaster references and as such I am absolutely firm on the price and I feel I have priced it fairly based on the condition, the originality of the piece and the addition of the original bracelet and end links, it comes with a solid service history and in my opinion the only flaw with the watch is the lack of original crown and pushers.

FullSizeRender[4].jpg

I am pricing the watch at £15500 on bracelet

NOW £12500 on leather period band with Omega buckle (bracelet not included)

As with all of my watches it is offered with the same warranty we supply from our main site, interested parties are welcome to discuss the watch with my via PM, telephone or view the watch at our offices in Cheshire.

Many thanks Tony Wooderson

Edited Sep 24, 2017
    Dial & Bezel, George.A, 63TR4 and 5 others like this.
  2. Fattony Sep 1, 2017

This will be going live on the site early next week so any interested parties please drop me a PM, this really is something quite special

Magnum Fan likes this.
  3. Fattony Sep 8, 2017

Bumping this up, its also now live on our site

4. Fattony Sep 12, 2017

This watch has just been returned to Simon Freese to have a correct silver rehaut crystal fitted and will be supplied as such, I would consider splitting the head and bracelet if interested parties would prefer the watch on leather.

5. Fattony Sep 16, 2017

Still available and now fitted with original silver rehaut crystal (original not service replacement)

6. nixf6 Sep 16, 2017

Post a photo with the new rehaut please.

7. Fattony Sep 16, 2017

Hi Nix
    Will happily post a new image very soon but the watch is now in my safe at work so may be Monday before it happens ,anything else you would like to know?
    Cheers Tony

8. Fattony Sep 17, 2017

As requested @nixf6

Apologies for the poor pic, the crystal/ rehaut is an original 60's one not a modern 'cousins/omega' service replacement

Best wishes Tony

FullSizeRender.jpg

9. Fattony Sep 23, 2017

Now for sale minus the 7912/N6 bracelet, available as watch on NOS period calf band with period Omega buckle for £12500

10. Fattony Sep 24, 2017

A few enquiries around this one, the watch is still available as a full set for the asking price so:

Watch and original bracelet: £15750
    Watch on period leather with Omega buckle: £1250
    Original unrestored 7912 and N6 end links: £3000

klockmannen likes this.
  11. Vintagewtchzilla Sep 28, 2017

Ok fair enough

hugoafonso and ConElPueblo like this.