Forums Latest Members

omega speed master broad arroow white dial

1. fabiauda Mar 3, 2020

Dear members, I have been offered a speedy broad arrow white dial, a watch I really like and that I am trying to find at an affordable price for my pocket.
    It seems I found one locally which is the best, I'll see it in person today, but the weird thing is that the date is in black with white numbers instead of the white withblack nmbers, never seen before and the owner do not know why, he got itthis way and demonstratedto me throught the old ad of the previous seller which is still on line.

Do any of you experts know if there'sbeen a run of black date indicators on white dial broad arrow? shall I suspect a repair with missing proper spare that lead to such a modding?

Please try to give me some suggestion thanks

2. Donn Chambers Mar 3, 2020

I’ve never seen that combo on one of these before — I just googled the watch and every image has the white date wheel. I see two possibilities - the date wheel was changed at some point in the past by an independent watchmaker who couldn’t be bothered to get the correct part, or it’s a fake. I seriously doubt it left the factory that way.

Can you post pictures of it? Personally, I’d be leery of buying it. Even if it is real, if the watchmaker used the wrong date wheel, what other shortcuts did they make in the servicing?

3. fabiauda Mar 3, 2020

IMG_20200303_143923.jpg
  4. italy1861 Mar 3, 2020

I love the blue accents but, I've never seen one with a black date wheel. The black dial stainless version has a black date wheel (same website too):
    upload_2020-3-3_19-53-33.jpeg

5. fabiauda Mar 4, 2020

after a torough research I could not find another with black date indicator, I think it is not a fake, the site that sold it seems pretty serious and they released many documents (in german!!) following their service , but I would not want to feel that particular out of tune if I should buy it, and moreover I'd not pay the asked price owing to the uncertainty deriving from such a peculiar "modding".... anyway apart from that the watch looks so nice....

khanmu likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 4, 2020

So I looked at the sales link, and they didn't give the full serial number under the serial number field, but under the case number they did - someone wasn't paying attention I guess.

I've looked up the serial number of the watch on the Omega Extranet, and this is the result:

Serial number:78005153
    Article ref:35515000

The 35515000 is the black dialed version,. so the reason this has a black date indicator is because the watch originally came with a black dial. So the dial and hands have been changed from the black version that italy1861 shows above. The watch is not correct as it left the factory.

Cheers, Al

7. fabiauda Mar 5, 2020

Dear Archer, your accurate reply is much appreciated, congrats for your fine knowledge, and many many thanks for the help!

8. Vale21 Mar 6, 2020

Yep my thoughts were also for a Franken one

9. fabiauda Mar 9, 2020

I decided to let it go, I'd rather have something that hasn't been modified so I'll wait for another opportunity, thanks for the precious hekp, much appreciated, thanks everybody!

Archer likes this.