Forums Latest Members
  1. bjmcfp Apr 14, 2018

So I was in Hawaii last month talking to a salesperson at the boutique. He showed me a "mock" SM spectre. I told him I was not sure what he meant by "mock." He explained the spectre SM release in 2015 and how the current SM looks like it except the second hand. He showed me the original Spectre watch. I loved it. I have a pristine 69 don speedy that I keep in the safe. I wanted one the wear. So I bought one last week. Should arrive today.

What are your thoughts on it?
    Fairly desirable?
    They trade above msrp, so I am not the only one who likes them?
    Could it follow the snoopy or alaska in value?
    Is a production run of 7007, too many to make it collectable?

Taddyangle likes this.
  2. jaguar11 Apr 14, 2018

It seems as though you have bought it now so you evidently desired it which in my mind is the only reason to buy a watch. I can't comment if you are going to make £££ on this at some point. Enjoy it and wear in good health. Post a picture when you have one.

3. Meme-Dweller Apr 14, 2018

So did you actually buy the Spectre Seamaster 300 LE or a "mock" regular-production Seamaster 300 with a Bond NATO?

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 14, 2018

A US boutique had one in the system??? Huh.. they had sold out 2 years ago. I looked through the last 50 2 years ago looking for a good number, and 2 months later they where all sold. I wonder if it was a buyback from an AD. I’m assuming from what you said you got the Spectre and not the regular 300mc.

The specter has a few differences from the 300mc. The slightly larger logo on the dial and the removal of the 12. Some people prefer the MC I prefer the spectre. The bezel is a 12 hour “gmt” or dual time zone bezel and not a countup dive bezel. I also prefer the 12 hour bezel for the extra time zone. It also has a lollipop 2nd hand which most collectors prefer. I prefer the 300mc second hand as it is more balanced visually as the lollipop has no counter weight.

It has minimal bond branding only on the clasp and back which is also preferred by collectors. It’s the only bond LE with nothing on the dial or second hand. This is actually huge.

It’s also the ONLY Bond Le that was actually worn in a movie making it a first. Non of the other Bond LE watches have been movie worn Bond always wore stock production watches.

Congrats the Spectre is a great piece. As for future value... no way to know but as a full set it should always trade higher then a normal 300mc.

I wouldn’t call the 300mc a mock Spectre as the Spectre was based on the 300mc.

bjmcfp likes this.
  5. bjmcfp Apr 14, 2018

I did buy the spectre......lollipop second hand got me. Did they originally come with the strap changing tool? Or is that extra?

There was not one in the system but the guy showed me a photo. That is all it took.

greenecollector likes this.
  6. bjmcfp Apr 14, 2018

Bought the spectre.

7. Meme-Dweller Apr 14, 2018

Congrats! The branded spring bar tool should be included in the box along with the bracelet, a set of straight spring bars, a loupe, and a black microfiber cloth.

8. Preacherman Apr 14, 2018

When the Bond AT came out I really wanted one, but didn’t want to spend the money at the time and now I’m kicking myself for not doing it. When the Bond 25 watch comes out I’m pretty sure I’m going to go ahead and grab one.

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 14, 2018

guys,

se_seamaster300_spectre_vuec_1600x900.jpg

Edited Apr 14, 2018
  10. bjmcfp Apr 14, 2018

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Homerun fellows....What does the polishing cloth look like?

11. Meme-Dweller Apr 14, 2018

Too lazy to dig in my closet and open the big box set but it's here in this picture I found on teh webz.
    It's the one in the plastic sleeve. It's black with a gray-stitched border and has an Omega logo in the corners. They usually stuff it in the side compartment where the warranty card and booklets are. The quality is "meh", so you're not missing out on much if you don't have it.

2436iz.jpg
  12. bjmcfp Apr 16, 2018

I must say after giving it a good run for 36 hours it is pretty cool. No need to put on bracelet. Naro is perfect. As a vintage guy at heart, the bubble second hand is epic. As luck would have it I saw a guy at home depot wearing one. Great size. Not too big or small.....goldilocks size. Very happy to date.

13. bjmcfp Apr 16, 2018

NATO I meant.

14. 77deluxe Apr 16, 2018

I like “naro”. Congrats, great watch.

15. larryganz The cable guy Apr 17, 2018

This is the only version of the 300MC that I like. I almost bought one, but I set my sights on a Ti Planet Ocean 8500 instead.

16. Maganator Apr 17, 2018

Congratulations! Love the Spectre.

I bought the lollipop second hand and intend to buy a standard 300MC and swap the second hand out.

You did well to find one at RRP

17. rst1121 Apr 27, 2018

That's a different Nato strap you have on it correct? If so, where did you get it? Thanks!

18. zinzan8 Apr 30, 2018

The Spectre has been my most worn watch over the past 2 1/2 years, in rotation with a number of other watches. It's just so easily my go-to watch, with no date to set, quick hour setting, can wear it in wet weather without worry (I wear it on the bracelet most of the time), and no PCLs to wipe clean. And I like that they didn't go over-the-top on the Bond branding, though I did swap out the clasp for a regular Seamaster 300 clasp, saving the 007 clasp in the box with the other goodies.

I love the long power-reserve and the accuracy, but those features don't really come into play because of my watch rotation.

I'm pleased that it's held value over the price I paid, but I don't think it will appreciate significantly--there were just too many of these in this "limited" run, and the non-limited version is so close and sells at a huge discount. Of course, I could be wrong.

19. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 30, 2018

I did the same, but I never wear this watch. Such a shame because it looks so good, but I prefer the Speemasters.

upload_2018-4-30_14-42-50.png

Jrcigar likes this.
  20. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner May 1, 2018

I wear the Spectre 300 very often, too. Its the only Seamaster in my Speedy-Collection, but it gets a lot of wrist time with a cheap Bond-Nato for the same reasons you already mentioned ...

DSC_5840.JPG