Forums Latest Members

Omega SMPc - Can I pull off the full-size or not?

1. Pete_Best Feb 9, 2017

Hey all,

Question simply as stated in the title. Have narrowed next watch down to an SMPc and have tried on both full and mid-size models. Feel as though the mid-size may fit my 6.5 inch wrist better, but cannot decide how I feel about the condensed look of the dial. Does the full-size look too big? Apologies as I imagine this question is common.

Thanks in advance

Full size:
    IMG_0189.JPG

Mid-size:
    IMG_0188.JPG

Side by side:
    IMG_0190.JPG

robinhook likes this.
  2. Kmart Feb 9, 2017

Full size looks good! :thumbsup: Judging from the last picture it sits really nicely and the lugs don't hang over the edges of your wrist at all.

Pete_Best likes this.
  3. deryk527 Feb 9, 2017

Great choice!

Both look fine but the mid looks like a better fit.

robinhook and Pete_Best like this.
  4. _Omega_ Feb 9, 2017

Such a great watch...

Really it's all about what you like and how you feel about it. You can certainly pull off both.

Photos are tricky as distance and angle tend to skew the reality.

In your first photo, the full size looked a little big. But in your 3rd photo they both look good.

Not helpful I know but it really is a personal preference thing.

You can always try a distance shot in a full length mirror, too. Tends to be a little better for the size comparison thing.

Pete_Best likes this.
  5. U5512 Feb 9, 2017

Full size looks OK on you. Go full size and it's easier to sell later if you decide not to keep it.

Pete_Best likes this.
  6. Stoney268 Feb 9, 2017

I have a 6.25" wrist and wear the SMP 2254.50... with that being said, the lugs of the full-size model do appear to have some overhang. However, which do you personally prefer? If you prefer the bigger size, I'd go with some kind of a strap over the bracelet. Straps are a bit more forgiving on smaller wrists. I find that even though my SMP pushes the limits of my wrist size, a strap minimizes the overhang. Good luck on your decision!

Pete_Best likes this.
  7. Kmart Feb 9, 2017

This is definitely true, I find the last picture is a much better representation of how the watch actually looks on the wrist. The forced perspective of those close up wrist shots tend to make watches look much bigger than they are.

robinhook likes this.
  8. Pete_Best Feb 9, 2017

Thanks for the response. I definitely agree it's a personal thing - was interested to see other opinions on how they look. The side by side is probably the fairer photo. Thanks for the mirror shot recommdation, will try it!

9. Pete_Best Feb 9, 2017

Thanks for the reply, I am buying this watch with the intention of keeping it and have no plans to sell. Do you think that the mid-size looks better in my wrist?

10. Pete_Best Feb 9, 2017

Thanks a lot!

11. Pete_Best Feb 9, 2017

Thanks for the reply! I agree the lugs appear to overhang in the first picture, but from directly above they don't. It's hard to say which I personally prefer - always liked the idea of smaller watches, but do find that the bezel makes the dial appear significantly smaller on the mid-size. I've heard about straps making watches appear/feel smaller, but am most likely to wear the watch on its original bracelet for the majority of the time.

robinhook likes this.
  12. jud Feb 10, 2017

I had a 2254.50 mid-size and as I got used to wearing other larger watches such as my Sub and Explorer I came to view my 2254.50 as too small. I eventually sold it and now have the full-size version of the watch you are thinking of purchasing.

If it's a push either way, my advice is to go with the larger watch. If you like sport watches you will get used to wearing 39mm to 42mm watches and regret purchasing a 36mm version.

You will not be disappointed with the SMPc 300m black. That black glossy dial is awesome, it is one of my favorite watches.

Pete_Best likes this.