Forums Latest Members
  1. GoDuke1 Oct 4, 2013

OK Dennis, mark me off the "owes you pictures" list ;)

These are not the best pics but I did manage to snap a few today.

The famous White Omega Box. It got a little dirty on it's trip back home in the luggage.

[​IMG]

This is where they put the receipt when you buy at the Omega Boutique ::money:: <--- less of this now! LOL
    [​IMG]

Ahh there is the other Famous Omega Red box :)
    [​IMG]

Manual and Warranty card holder. Bummed they quit giving the COSC card...
    [​IMG]

Nice touch Omega!
    [​IMG]

OK on to the goodies... The SMPc in black
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes I was wearing it just before the pics so it needed to be wiped off. I already have desk diver marks on the clasp.. but that's gonna happen
    My only complaint is no micro adjustment holes in the clasp. I removed 1.5 links and it fits great though.
    [​IMG]

I tried to get a close up of the dial, but I didn't have the right lighting to make the picture look good.. flash kept going off...
    [​IMG]

I've been enjoying it since it hit my wrist!

I will get some better pics with my lightbox later on.

Cheers!

Chris / GoDuke1

jerico, Shailor, 67ViP and 6 others like this.
  2. OttawaMan Oct 4, 2013

They stopped giving the COSC card?? I got this exact watch in May and it had one but I think my serial number places it around 2011-2012.

3. OttawaMan Oct 4, 2013

BTW, great taste in color choice!

watch.jpg

67ViP, Spy and khoalety like this.
  4. LeDave Oct 4, 2013

Mine says hi to yours also. Love the non-wave face black dial with ceramic bezel.

67ViP likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 4, 2013

Congrats Chris!

6. Varasc Oct 5, 2013

Fascinating reportage!, I enjoyed your pictures. Congrats!

7. Luiz Oct 8, 2013

That's on my wish list. Congrats!

8. joeh4384 Oct 15, 2013

Congrats, that is my first and only Omega too.

9. Lundy Nov 14, 2013

Also my first Omega. My problem with the clasp, is I also had 1.5 links removed to fit my wrist and now have difficulty getting it over my hand. That's why I'm looking at buying either the 1171 bracelet or the 1380 mesh bracelet.

10. Spy You know my name. Nov 27, 2013

Splendid gents! I really like the deep black and shine of the SMPc's bezel. I so wish OMEGA would make a ceramic bezel to retrofit on my 2254.

11. stockae92 Dec 10, 2013

Whats that strap, it looks right at home.

I have the problem of being right in between bracelet sizes. I am also considering getting an additional half links to have more sizing option.

12. Clem Dec 16, 2013

I was very disappointed with my Omega Seamaster 300. At first I love the watch very dearly. I only wear this watch on week-end and special occasion. But 6 six month later I notice a moisture inside the crystal, so I brought the watch back to the dealer (Omega Bouteque) at Short Hills Mall to complain about the problem and request a replacement considering that the watch was only 6 months (never been under water). As usual the dealer told me all the crap that this was thier first incedent. Although it was fix but the my trust with Omega is gone.

13. Clem Dec 16, 2013

It was an Omega Seamaster 300 Ref 212.30.41.20.01.003. Worst I paid the full retail price of $4,500 because I bought it at an omega bouteque store has no discount. I learn a lesson to buy next time at Authorize Dealer because the dealer will give you a discount of 10 to 15 %.

Lundy likes this.
  14. Lundy Dec 16, 2013

I'm really sorry you had such a negative first experience with Omega. Hopefully, the replacement will live up to your expectations. I bought the exact same watch back in August and could not be happier. I recently changed the bracelet ( 1171 ) and I absolutely love it. I honestly think this is a better looking watch than my Submariner.

15. barie11 Feb 28, 2014

My first and only Omega also....the shine of the dial and ceramic bezel really makes it pop.....also IMO dresses up the SMP a bit.

67ViP likes this.
  16. ron n Feb 28, 2014

My SMP 300 James bond type had more than 100 ocean dives on it and never a leak, I had watch was serviced by Archer watches last year and I expect 100 more, as long as I don't get to old to haul equipment around, sorry you had a problem, I am sure it will be fixed and you just may grow to love the watch.

17. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 28, 2014

Duke, congrats and great pics. I have the 2220.80 and love it but I have to say that the black face w/o waves looks fantastic.
    Also had problems sizing the watch without micro adjustments. It fits my wrist fine but I have to open the diver's extension to get it over my hand.

18. vitriol Jan 20, 2018

A bit of necro-posting, but I like the strap and have to ask - what strap is that ^^^ ?

19. jaguar11 Jan 20, 2018

Super nice piece. Looks fantastic. Wear in good health!!

20. Omegamenow Jan 20, 2018

Always a solid purchase, I’m sure you will enjoy for as long as you own it!