Omega SMP 300m only pressure tested to 50m during service?

To be clear, if you didn't read the linked comment, the question in that thread was asking about changing the O-ring every time the case is opened - some people believe that even if there's a brand new O-ring in the case, if you have to open it to regulate the watch, the O-ring must be replaced - for O-rings that's not the case at all. For other types of seals (the hard plastic kind that are for press fitted backs) yes it needs to be changed every time.
No where have I indicated that an O-ring shouldn't be replaced at service.

Do you find any difference in quality and construction between OEM o-rings and generic ones? Or; rubber is rubber?

Do you find any difference in quality and construction between OEM o-rings and generic ones? Or; rubber is rubber?

Most O-rings are Nitrile rubber (Buna-N, or whatever they want to call it as there are several names used). A few watch companies use different materials - Viton for example. But the material is not usually different, so as long as the size is correct, there's no detriment to using a generic O-ring.

I generally use Omega O-rings, because often the size isn't something that I can find in a generic form, and quite honestly is just easier for me to order them from Omega along with other parts, that to buy generics from some other supplier.

But I do use generics on watches where for example the company no longer exists, so getting OEM parts is not possible.

Most O-rings are Nitrile rubber (Buna-N, or whatever they want to call it as there are several names used). A few watch companies use different materials - Viton for example. But the material is not usually different, so as long as the size is correct, there's no detriment to using a generic O-ring.

I generally use Omega O-rings, because often the size isn't something that I can find in a generic form, and quite honestly is just easier for me to order them from Omega along with other parts, that to buy generics from some other supplier.

But I do use generics on watches where for example the company no longer exists, so getting OEM parts is not possible.
Makes sense. Thanks!

Omega does a wet test on all diver watches 300m or deeper but there is no printout possible from a wet diver watch test machine. They can only provide printout from a dry test machine.

Omega does a wet test on all diver watches 300m or deeper but there is no printout possible from a wet diver watch test machine. They can only provide printout from a dry test machine.

The wet test applies to any watch rated for 100m or more. The only time it isn't done, is after what is termed a "quick service" so for simple things like battery changes, regulation, etc.

The wet test applies to any watch rated for 100m or more. The only time it isn't done, is after what is termed a "quick service" so for simple things like battery changes, regulation, etc.
I stand corrected, yes 100m or more.

that is limited to +5 bar on the pressure test.

Typically any watch rated for 100m or more would get the full +10 bar test, so possibly they are using these newer machines that only go to +5...
Could it also be the case that when a watch, like the Diver 300M, passes the 5 bar test, it can be assumed that it’s good for the rest of its waterproof rating?

Could it also be the case that when a watch, like the Diver 300M, passes the 5 bar test, it can be assumed that it’s good for the rest of its waterproof rating?

That's not what Omega procedures call for.

But I have personally had watches that pass at +10 bar in the dry testing machine, fail the high pressure testing...

That's not what Omega procedures call for.

But I have personally had watches that pass at +10 bar in the dry testing machine, fail the high pressure testing...
Interesting. Seems like the 5 bar test is inadequate for these watches then.

Interesting. Seems like the 5 bar test is inadequate for these watches then.
Seems so! I guess I’ll try not to think about it too much until it’s time for its next service. It’s holding up great in the pool so far, at least.

I would not worry about the pressure test. I would assume seals were replaced but not returned. Best to check with the service center to find out.