Forums Latest Members

Omega SMP 300 blue ceramic bezel glossy dial

1. bindo Apr 22, 2016

Greetings from Australia

Good people,

I'm gonna purchase my first ever omega seamaster smp 300 (212.30.41.20.03.001) from one of the renown amazon stores when I visit US on next week.. What i'm trying so hard to find out is that are there different blue varions of this model (212.30.41.20.03.001) ? I want to buy the one with dark blue glossy dial but I often land on not so glossy dials. Im So confused over here. Please see the pictures attached, First pic is of a glossy dial where as the second one is not

In essence guy are all the watches that carries the same model number 212.30.41.20.03.001 are of same color? Please advice because I really don't want to regret if the watch turns out to be something quite dull looking.

PLease reply at your earliest. Many thanks in advance.

/Bindo.

DSC_0199.jpg 21230412003001.png
    mjomega likes this.
  2. demollo Apr 22, 2016

Welcome to the forum. Yes the reference 212.30.41.20.03.001 is a glossy blue new Ceramic version. Really nice model i must say :) Yes that ref number is only for one blue watch with 41m case. What is the warranty that the Amazon seller is offering for the watch ? Probably he is a grey market dealer meaning that he has "in house" warranty and not Official Omega Warranty. If anything happens to the watch you will have to send it to USA for being serviced. It will be serviced not by Omega watchmaker. Just keep it in mind. I would choose to buy from one of the watch forums from trusted sellers. You can check out what's on sale now here:

http://www.watchrecon.com/?query=212.30.41.20.03.001

3. bindo Apr 22, 2016

Thanks a lot for the reply demolo. I'm getting it from
    Jomashop,ny. I have done business with them before so don't think I will run in to any issues in regards to warranty/authenticity etc..

Sir you mentioned glossy blue "new" version, so do I have to be concerned about year of manufacture as well just in case omega has been maintaining the same model number for all smp 300s they've been releasing during the past couple of years? Im thinking of getting the black one cos for sure I know it is glossy but doesn't look the real deal. Please let me know about your thoughts sir. Again this purchase will be 100% based on forum members recommendation cos I won't be getting any chances to visit the stores to see a blue one myself. Visited 2 shops here in Melbourne and they all carried the black which is really nice but I guess blue is still the iconic model.

Awaiting your thoughts :)

4. deryk527 Apr 22, 2016

The 212.30.41.20.03.001 is the (relatively) new generation with new blue ceramic bezel that you like. It has been around since 2012. It is absolutely beautiful and I bought one last month. On the 212.30.41.20.03.001 both the ceramic bezel and the watch face are very glossy and the date window is black with silver digits. The previous models had an aluminium bezel and waves painted on the watch face the date window was white with black digits. The old one is beautiful and more subdued not glossy at all. I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Take your time while in New York and compare prices. I've purchased from Carat & Co in NY before and they were great. A visit to the boutique would also be helpful.

5. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 22, 2016

yep, the black date window on a blue dial killed it for me ... best of luck ... and good that tastes differ so much :thumbsup:

6. jud Apr 22, 2016

Dang. Never noticed the black date window, now I can't see past it.

7. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 22, 2016

sorry, I thought so :D ... but better now than $3k later ;)

plus ... the correct choice is the black anyway ... albeit it sure is a shiny sucker

[​IMG]

slightly ot, but then again not really:

the same here ... once you see "it" , you can't unsee

[​IMG]

8. Egatdagi Apr 23, 2016

In the first picture the font for the date window looks odd. Is it a fauxmega?

9. bindo Apr 24, 2016

I've got no words to thank you enough for all the good advices extended gentlemen. Really appreciate it.

So to recap 212.30.41.20.03.001 carries the same color on dial so I believe I'll have no regrets. Guess the differences I have seen on the pictures are as a result of different angles they've been captured?

Before I wrap up though gentleman out of curiosity you've mentioned that 212.30.41.20.03.001 model is from 2012? Any idea the model number of the same omega smp 300 before that. I believe first 3 digits signifies the year of manufacture here?

Further I think that you'll land on the same identical watch whether you bought it on 2013 or 2016. I hope omega has been releasing different variations under the same model? I'm so sorry for coming at the same point but please I want no regrets on this purchase. Hope you all understand. thank you very much again.

/Bindo
    PS: I have a feeling that I will end up getting the black anyway cos i've seen it and that one is sharp as hell. :)

deryk527 likes this.