Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega SM300 with date - Watchco style - Price cut

1. ChrisN Feb 3, 2017

Omega SM300 with date, Watchco style, Calibre 565, Serial 31925403 head only for sale.

I’ve priced this at about what it would cost me to put another one together but less £100 as it’s not fresh out of its packaging so, the price is £2400 (British pounds) net to me by bank transfer only. Shipping is extra. I’m not interested in offers or trades as I’m in no hurry to sell, thanks. Updated - now back on sale as I find myself hankering after more watchmaking equipment. Price reduced to £2300 (British pounds) which is about €2650 or $2850 at the time of writing - so a better deal than last month.

DSC_5213.JPG

I have never sold anything here or on any internet site before but am fairly well known on this forum and have some buyer feedback here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/alpha-a-true-gent.49163/#post-595326
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/cristos71-thanks.28925/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/smooth-and-easy-sale-to-chrisn.17750/

DSC_5145.JPG

This watch did not come from Watchco and neither did any of the parts. Just to make it clear to people who are not in the know, these watches are all Omega parts being a 1960s/1970s movement transplanted into a new case with new dial, hands etc. All the new Omega parts were obtained from Cousins in the UK and I’m including the packaging for the complete case, dial, date ring and mainspring. All the other parts don’t come in a packaging worth supplying. The new parts are:
    Case complete (includes crown, bezel, case back, seal)
    Dial, date ring and hands
    Stem, case clamps etc.

DSC_5205.JPG

I’m an aerospace Engineer and that’s how I make my money but have reduced to part time as am in training to be a Watchmaker so I’ve included a document showing the service on my Google drive.

DSC_5207.JPG

I got this together some time ago for a friend but, due to a change in circumstances, he couldn’t take it. It’s largely been in the drawer since then and I’ve just serviced it again. It has a 31 million, so about 1970, calibre 565, running well as shown in the service document. In common with virtually all the Watchco builds, it has a curved date ring instead of the correct flat date ring but this does not affect the function.

DSC_5210.JPG

This watch passes a 100m water resistance test but, if you really need this to go diving, we can discuss re-testing to a greater depth. If you remove the case back and replace it, the watch will no longer be water resistant. If you leave the crown undone when in use, it will have some water resistance due to the secondary crown seal but, only for humidity, at best.
    DSC_5212.JPG
    As I intend to move into the watchmaking field this year, I will guarantee this watch to the buyer for one year to cover any issues with the movement, dial, hands etc., parts and labour included. That excludes any damage to the case and any damage to the internals caused by water damage or significant case impacts. I’ll also offer one free repeat service on this watch anytime within two to five years from purchase, to include all labour and any movement parts, unless water/impact damaged. In all cases, return the watch to me.
    DSC_5211.JPG
    I am showing the head with a new inexpensive black No Decompression limits band and I’ll include that so it’s ready to go, if you want. The watch you will receive is what’s shown in the pictures and nothing else (no papers etc.).

Please, feel free to ask any questions.

Regards, Chris

Edited Mar 16, 2017
  2. ChrisN Feb 3, 2017

And, of course, I missed one part of the sales rules. Within a 3 day window, the watch is returnable, if not as described.

Regards, Chris

OMGRLX, Scepticalist and Jwit like this.
  3. Scepticalist Feb 3, 2017

All working, serviced and very sensible price. Someone buy this before I feel forced to get my credit card out please!

OMGRLX and Lonestar like this.
  4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 3, 2017

You couldn't buy from a nicer guy :thumbsup:

KstateSkier, OMGRLX and ChrisN like this.
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 3, 2017

Lovely photography.

OMGRLX and Schmedsc like this.
  6. ChrisN Feb 4, 2017

As you know, I'm not really a seller so thought I'd make an effort.:D I must have another 20-30 shots like this::facepalm1::. Bit easier with a digital camera than my Bronica, although I saw the other day that Kodak are bringing Ektachrome back!

Cheers, Chris

OMGRLX likes this.
  7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 4, 2017

Good to see this one can truly live up to the usual sales pitch of "has just been serviced by my trusted watchmaker" :thumbsup:.

If I didn't already have my no-date I'd be seriously considering this one.

ChrisN, Scepticalist and OMGRLX like this.
  8. ChrisN Feb 6, 2017

Weekday bump and new photo to lend some inspiration....
    DSC_5228.JPG

Regards, Chris

DSC_5226.JPG
    OMGRLX, Tritium and Alpha like this.
  9. ChrisN Feb 8, 2017

One more bump.

10. ChrisN Feb 10, 2017

Last bump for the weekend and one new photo;)
    Last small.jpg

Cheers, Chris

OMGRLX, Alpha and Lonestar like this.
  11. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 10, 2017

Good to see the seals are fine :)

12. ChrisN Feb 11, 2017

Withdrawn.

Thanks to OF for this forum.:thumbsup:

Regards, Chris

13. ChrisN Mar 16, 2017

For sale again and new price.

Regards, Chris

OMGRLX likes this.
  14. ChrisN Mar 17, 2017

Friday night bump.

15. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 17, 2017

Anyone with spare cash really should consider this piece, what more could you ask for ???

ChrisN, OMGRLX and Jwit like this.
  16. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Mar 17, 2017

The key being the 'spare cash' part... ::facepalm2::

Alpha, George.A, ChrisN and 1 other person like this.
  17. Greatoldone Mar 18, 2017

Sorely tempted.

OMGRLX likes this.
  18. Greatoldone Mar 18, 2017

Bugger it - check your inbox, @ChrisN

Tritium, OMGRLX, Alpha and 2 others like this.
  19. ChrisN Mar 18, 2017

OHPF. I like decisive people!

OMGRLX likes this.
  20. Greatoldone Mar 18, 2017

Hmmm. How do I break it to the wife though? :confused::)

Kreindog24 and OMGRLX like this.