Forums Latest Members
  1. Baden Harrison Feb 7, 2016

Just took a few pictures of two of my favourite watches my 1968 sm300 big triangle with candle stick hands and my circa 1976 ploprof I'm not 100% sure of the dial variant but I think it's a 2.5.

The SM300 gets a tad more wear as it slips under shirts better the ploprof tends to be my Sunday watch.

The SM300 is more of a classic design I love the case that mimics my speedmaster the bezel sits quite high and is very easy to turn and the insert is a joy to behold.

The ploprof is a design classic that still divides opinions I think that's it's appeal.
    To me the angle looking sideways down towards the crown is the design feature I love the most, the case back is another great feature and must grip the vintage wet suits amazingly.
    I do find the bezel quite hard to turn I do suspect that divers must have had to remove the watch to set the bezel and time as it's quite fiddly to do this on the wrist.

I love both watches on rubber or isofrane straps as they feel easier to wear.

Anyway some pictures.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dogmann, ketiljo, RawArcher and 2 others like this.
  2. dialstatic Feb 7, 2016

Beautiful watches both. To my eye, it seems to be a Type 3 dial. What makes you think it's not?

My Type 1 says 'hi'. Would love to own an SM300 Big Triangle some day, too.

image.jpeg

RawArcher likes this.
  3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Feb 7, 2016

Nice looking watches! When do you wear the compass ;-)

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 7, 2016

Dig that old school Sherwood compass! Dive gear used to be so much better made back then.

5. 1685 Feb 7, 2016

Awesome watches and pics!
    Double dibs on both in the highly unlikely chance you might ever decide to part with one or both :)

Have a 300 and 600 is on the list but always seems to get bumped down as I think it would be hard to get wrist time given its heft. Maybe one of these days.

image.jpeg

Baden Harrison likes this.