Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega SM300 cal 565 Watchco style unworn and serviced

1. ChrisN Jul 14, 2017

Omega SM300 with date, Watchco style, Calibre 565, Serial 28938407 head only for sale.

I built this recently for @OmegaBear but due to a change of heart he'd prefer not to take it so proposed that we sell it here. I have no problem at all with that. It's not worth sending it to him to sell because it is fresh and unworn.
    1.jpg

The price is:
    €2600 (Euros) net to me by bank transfer for the head only.
    Shipping is by negotiation.

As a bit of fun, there is also a "guess the (appropriate) album cover" in the photos. You don't have to be the buyer but, I'll donate 3% of the proeeds to the charity of your choice if you can name it...

I have some feedback as a seller here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/chrisn-is-a-great-seller.55309/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/chrisn-great-seller.57972/

This watch did not come from Watchco and neither did any of the parts. To make it clear to people who are not in the know, these watches are all Omega parts being a 1960s/1970s movement transplanted into a new case with new dial, hands etc. All the new Omega parts were obtained from Cousins in the UK and I'm including the packaging for the complete case, dial, date ring and mainspring. All the other parts don't come in a packaging worth supplying. The new parts are:

Case complete (includes crown, bezel, case back, seal)
    Dial, date ring and hands
    Stem, case clamps etc.

In common with virtually all the Watchco builds, it has a curved date ring instead of the correct flat date ring but this does not affect the function. Unlike some you see, the lume matches on dial and hands plus the bezel aligns at 12.
    2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The movement runs very nicely, well within Omega specification for this calibre. I serviced this movement a couple of months ago when I built the watch and wrote the service up as usual. It shows what goes into that service and final performance - here are some quick pictures of that document and the full document is here.
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg

This watch passes a 100m water resistance test.

I will guarantee this watch to the buyer for two years. That excludes any damage to the case and any damage to the internals caused by water or significant case impacts.

The watch you will receive is what's shown in the pictures and nothing else (no papers etc.). I'd be happy to include a cheap, used and cleaned NATO so you can put it straight on.

Returns within a week if there is something not correctly described here or in the pictures.

Please, feel free to ask any questions.

Regards, Chris

2. Edward53 Jul 14, 2017

That album is The Decline Of British Sea Power and my charity of choice would be Help For Heroes if that is acceptable to you. Sorry to bust in so early and spoil the fun!

The watch is great but I already have one like it!

Davidt, Xrob45, ConElPueblo and 2 others like this.
  3. ChrisN Jul 14, 2017

Nicely spotted Edward. Too easy this time. I'll choose something more obscure in the future. No problems with Help For Heroes (they already have my details;)). I'll let you know by PM when it's done.
    BSP.jpg

Cheers, Chris

4. Edward53 Jul 14, 2017

It's easier if you already have the album....:thumbsup:

ChrisN likes this.
  5. ChrisN Jul 17, 2017

Hi @Edward53 and anyone else who's playing... I forgot to play the same game on this one.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-562-with-bor.60577/

And things got out of hand quickly. But, I'll add 3% of the selling price of that one to the Help for Heroes donation if you get it. It's about 30 years before the one above and hardly obscure...

As I forgot to say above, the watch is in Spain.

Cheers, Chris

watch3s, Greatoldone and Jwit like this.
  6. Greatoldone Jul 17, 2017

I can go vouch for Chris's excellent work. I bought another, same model SM300 build from him several months ago and it's one of my favourite pieces.

Buy in confidence.

ChrisN likes this.
  7. Edward53 Jul 17, 2017

I think one of my circuits must be burnt out. Is there a clue to another album somewhere? Can't find it... 30 years earlier and not exactly obscure - DSOTM perhaps?

ETA: Thanks for donating to a charity that does such good work. Considering how our legal system treats them, our Heroes need all the help they can get.

8. ChrisN Jul 19, 2017

All those pics in the 562 sold watch are from one album. Too early for you, probably, and it isn't DSOTM:D One way or another, someone will know it....

I think the UK government used to look after it's ex servicemen a lot better than they do now. I know my father was very happy with his pension and so on after 21 years in the army. Everything just seems to be being cut back at the moment.

Cheers, Chris

9. Edward53 Jul 19, 2017

I think I must have been half asleep when I did that last reply.

Possibly not! But I don't recognise that cover.

10. ChrisN Jul 19, 2017

Hi Edward

Ah well, I suppose not that easy so, here's one expanded picture - if no-one gets it from this then it'll have to remain a mystery....
    IMG_20170719_153042809.jpg
    As it's OHPF, I can reply now without it seeming like a daily bump.;)

Cheers, Chris

11. Edward53 Jul 19, 2017

Well I know what it is now because I cheated....would never have got it otherwise!

12. ChrisN Jul 19, 2017

But @No.15 remembered buying it at the time.:thumbsup:
    plastic letters.jpg

Will let you both know by PM when this is sold and the donation made.

Cheers, Chris

13. ChrisN Jul 24, 2017

So, I think I am being mucked about by a pair of jokers who've signed up last week...

The watch is for sale again.

Regards, Chris

14. ChrisN Jul 24, 2017

And OHPF again but this time to someone who seems to be a gentleman.

speedamatuer likes this.
  15. ChrisN Aug 4, 2017

Regrettably, the buyer was unableto arrange funds so, back for sale again.

Still €2600 but, I'll include postage.

Cheers, Chris

16. ChrisN Aug 6, 2017

Last bump and price drop to €2500.

Regards, Chris

17. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Aug 6, 2017

An extremely sad tale, best of luck :thumbsup:

18. ChrisN Aug 7, 2017

Sold to a forum member:thumbsup:

Thanks to OF for this facility and the buyer.

Regards, Chris

19. Edward53 Aug 7, 2017

Third time lucky! or should that be fourth time? Whatever, somebody will be happy with their watch.