Forums Latest Members
  1. FrancoM Oct 25, 2018

Hola! Soy nuevo en el foro y obviamente fanatico de la marca Omega. No se inglés, tampoco sé si se puede hacer un tema nuevo en otro tipo de idioma, en este caso español. Soy un joven de Argentina y e adquirido un Omega, aproximadamente de los principios de los años '40 por su numeración. Un reloj prácticamente en estado nuevo y de muy poco uso! He aquí el dilema, es un reloj WaterProof de la época y sin referencia alguna que me indique modelo. Tiene su dial color salmón en excelente estado y la maquinaria más que nueva! Con su movimiento 30T2SC
    Adjunto unas fotos para que me puedan indicar o ayudar en algo...
    Gracias y cordial saludo desde Argentina
    Franco Miguel Monzo

IMG_9220.JPG IMG_9221.JPG IMG_9222.JPG IMG_9223.JPG IMG_9224.JPG IMG_9226.JPG
    alam and mac_omega like this.
  2. Rochete Oct 25, 2018

Hola Franco,
    Posiblemente borren este hilo ya que la lengua del foro es el inglés.
    En cualquier caso, solo la máquina del reloj es original Omega. La caja es falsa y la esfera (cuadrante) en mi opinión está repintada.
    El nº de serie de la máquina la data entre 1945-1946, en plena guerra, y jamás perteneció a un Seamaster, modelo que apareció en 1948.

Edited Oct 25, 2018
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 25, 2018

Recased?

felsby likes this.
  4. Rochete Oct 25, 2018

Yep, and IMO redial too.

felsby likes this.
  5. FrancoM Oct 25, 2018

Gracia por la aclaración del idioma!
    La esfera dudo mucho que este hecha o renovada. Soy Relojero de algunos pares de años y me fijo mucho en esto. La caja es muy anterior a Seamaster, de echo, es anterior inclusive a modelos iconicos de Omega. No es la primera vez que veo este modelo de caja, siempre vi con máquinas más pequeñas, como la Omega T17.8 o 23.4. Con un mismo diseño de caja con la diferencia del tamaño. Este al traer un movimiento de 30MM/13Lineas es más grande su caja.
    Gracias nuevamente por el aporte!

heavenscloud likes this.
  6. mac_omega Oct 25, 2018

Te envié un mensaje privado - mira arriba a la derecha.

7. mac_omega Oct 26, 2018

Sorry to contradict - this is complete nonsense...

This is an all original watch throughout with a very well preserved original dial.

I would be glad to own it.

8. FrancoM Oct 26, 2018

Gracias por la confirmación de su originalidad de la esfera/dial. Eso ya lo sabia, lo noto sin ponerme mi lupa en el ojo
    Todavía sigo en búsqueda de la referencia de la caja!!
    Cordial saludo desde Argentina

9. heavenscloud Oct 27, 2018

Also interested to know the case reference for this one...

FrancoM likes this.
  10. mac_omega Oct 27, 2018

The only way to find out the reference (case) number will be an extract from the archives.

I have the same case model in my collection and I tried to find out the reference by ordering an extract.

All data have been confirmed but unfortunately the reference number was unreadable.

FYI:

The serial numbers and the production numbers (steps of assembling and finally the sale date) are stamped on the paper sheet from which the microfiche was taken.
    But: the reference number is written by hand and with pencil - hence it is often a very "individual" handwriting and mostly pretty faint... so often the reference number is difficult to decipher.

best
    Erich

heavenscloud likes this.
  11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 27, 2018

I was able to find a version of the early 30T2SCRG chronometer which shares this exact waterproof caseback. It is the Ref. 2254:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    From Squelette's (Franco's) web site http://squelettewatches.com/chronometres-30mm/:

I do not know the reference of the non-chronometer version of this watch, but suspect that the vintage is about the same, around 1940-41.

@FrancoM - since this really is an English language forum, you would get far more information if you were to use Google Translate or another online language translator. Most of the members on this forum do not speak Spanish.

You have a beautiful early vintage Omega with a cal. 30T2SC movement.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

krogerfoot, heavenscloud and FrancoM like this.
  12. Dan S Oct 27, 2018

That dial is amazing!

Samir and FrancoM like this.
  13. mac_omega Oct 28, 2018

Sorry to contradict

The watch in the OP is a completely different watch and does not share the same case - compare the lugs and bezel!

The only part which is in common is the caseback - but this kinda caseback was used on several references of that era.

tamura likes this.
  14. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 28, 2018

That’s exactly what I said. The rest of the case is different.
    gatorcpa

15. heavenscloud Oct 28, 2018

Case style is similar to CK 2169/2179...

FrancoM likes this.
  16. mac_omega Oct 28, 2018

You are right - case style is the same as CK 2169 which is the sister reference with sub-second movement.

Caseback of 2179 is completely different though

FrancoM and heavenscloud like this.
  17. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

There is another non-chronometer example of this case for sale right now on eBay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No link, as I will be watching this one.
    gatorcpa

heavenscloud and FrancoM like this.