Forums Latest Members
  1. Swissmister May 21, 2019

:eek:

2. AJwala Jul 7, 2019

Hi All! I got the watch fixed by an independent watch maker (Rolex Certified), He fixed most of the things. The hand wind is now working.
    He set the hands on the chronograph. But I am still facing an issue chronograph.

When I start the chronograph it works fine. But then I push the reset button, it never resets to 12 position. Sometimes it falls at 1 o clock position, sometimes 2 o clock position. My watch maker didnt have the right part for it. Could you please advice on what part would be required to replace?

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 7, 2019

That rather suggests you didn’t actually get it fixed. Assuming he originally offered to fix it, I would be tempted to not pay a ‘watchmaker’ who did me such a service or least take something off the bill. These can be troublesome because parts for the chrono module aren’t widely available. In fact they aren’t really available at all outside the authorised sphere so your watchmaker probably couldn’t do more. Seeking out an Omega certified rather than Rolex certified guy would have been preferable. Your guy probably did the old services the 3 hand part and ignore the rest, with less than ideal consequences.

Edited Jul 7, 2019
  4. AJwala Jul 7, 2019

@padders You are correct, he didnt have the chronograph module :(
    I understand, learnt something this time. i will now have to spend additional money for the module. rather I should have spend it to Authorized Service center and fixed the entire thing. Thank you so much for the reply.

5. ChrisN Jul 7, 2019

Are you talking about the chrono seconds hand not resetting correctly or is it the minute or hour counter?

I suspect it's the seconds counter. This is the one that came off and was sitting under the crystal in the first picture. The first thing you do when you see a variable reset like this is to check that the hand is tight on the pinion. It clearly wasn't because it had come off so, if you just push it back on without tightening the pipe then it is likely to be loose. Ask your watchmaker if he tightened the pipe - he can do that with a lathe collet or with a Bergeon 3010 - I prefer the latter.

Try resetting the hand from 25 seconds - does it reset further counter clockwise?
    Then reset from 35 seconds. Does it reset further clockwise?

Cheers, Chris

Manny1979 and Archer like this.