Forums Latest Members

Omega service recommendations

1. MickeyT Jun 13, 2017

I have the Omega Seamaster 2531.80. It was my dream watch and a present from my wife 18 years ago. The linkage that attaches the clasp to the bracelet (part of clasp) broke almost causing me to loose my watch. I put the watch my drawer. Now (10 years later) I want to service and repair it. Is it better to send it to Omega or is there a less expensive alternative? If Omega, which service center is best?

2. Davidt Jun 13, 2017

Depends massively on where you're located.

3. repoman Jun 13, 2017

Any competent watchmaker, or even a good Jewelry dealer can handle issues with broken clasps on bracelets. A very quick fix would be to throw a nato strap on it. You can always check yelp or the equivalent for recommendations in your area, or tell us where you are and I'm sure you will get referrals. If the watch is now 18 years old, and hasn't been serviced in at least 10 years, you may also want to consider a mechanical servicing of the watch, again, a good watchmaker could have a look at give you recommendations. Good on you for wanting to get that Seamaster back out into the light.

4. MickeyT Jun 13, 2017

I'm in south Alabama in the Dothan area.