Forums Latest Members
  1. ac106 Jul 26, 2015

Say you sent a running, fairly good condition but slightly tired 3590 to Omega for a full service. Would they replace the hands dial etc, polish the case and bracelet so that the watch came back looking brand new? Is this included in the base charge?

It doesn't seem like the 3590 is a collectible piece so I don't think long term value would be a factor.

Thanks

2. Canuck Jul 26, 2015

I would strongly suspect that Omega (or any shop) would provide you with an estimate before work proceeded. If the dial was 80% or better, I doubt they would be inclined to include a new dial in the estimate. Same with the hands. But I suspect the cosmetic restoration would automatically be part of the job. Speaking not of Omega necessarily, I have had other official service centres offer the option of replacing a component that they would be willing to re-use should you decline the option. But then, I've been wrong before. :)

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 27, 2015

Tritium likes this.
  4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 27, 2015

Mine just returned from Omega yesterday.

They serviced the movement. They polished the bracelet and case. They replaced the crown and the hour and second hands (I was originally told all hands would be replaced). I was told by the boutique staff that these items were all included as part of the service.

Additional parts will be charged if needed. For example, they wanted $698 to replace my crystal. I passed.

Also, they put the crown guard on backwards so I sent it back. They did however comp me for a bracelet polish ($75) so I was very pleased with staff taking care of me like that.

Not sure if I would go to Omega again. I originally went to the AD that serviced my Speedy (he did a fantastic job) but he did not have the equipment to service my watch. Its a ploprof 1200m and he could not test water proof for that depth.