Forums Latest Members
  1. Pinoysurf Dec 7, 2019

I had my Seamaster DeVille serviced at an Omega service center and evertything turned out great. The only thing I'm wondering about is that the work sheet for the service didn't include the movement serial number. Is that normal? Was hoping not to have to open it up to get the serial to order an Extact.

2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Dec 7, 2019

Yes, that is unusual. There should be an index card with the serial number and the average daily rate. This is your service warranty card. It also includes the signature of the watchmaker and the signature of the QA person.

If you do not have it, you need to follow up.

Tom

3. Pinoysurf Dec 8, 2019

Ughhhh.....I have the index card with the time keeping info and watch maker but still no serial on it. Will a reputable watch boutique be able to open it up or should I go back to the service center? Service center is an hour away though.

4. gbesq Dec 8, 2019

Go back to the service center or an OB. You have a two year warranty on the recent service work. You don’t want to risk voiding that warranty by having the watch opened by a shop that may not be an AD.

5. gixxer47 Dec 9, 2019

It's normal that the movement serial number is not on the service invoice. For some reason, the service center will not enter the movement serial number on vintage pieces like yours in that box. That box will have the serial number for watches with the serial number engraved on the case or caseback. You may be able to just call the service center for the movement serial number for you watch. Its documented in their system. I hope this can save you some drive time and from voiding the service warranty as gbseq mentioned.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 9, 2019

That's not my experience at all. I think every vintage watch I have sent to Bienne has had the serial number on the estimate at least...

7. Capt Cave Man Dec 9, 2019

Bienne currently have my wife's 70s De Ville for a service, we received the watch and movement serial numbers on the quote.

Archer likes this.
  8. gixxer47 Dec 9, 2019

I don't know how it was in the past but now days it's not on there. I've had to call the service center and even the customer service rep was surprised and didn't understand why they don't list it in the serial number box.

9. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Dec 9, 2019

I'm curious whether the practice can be traced to any certain service center?

Tom

10. gixxer47 Dec 9, 2019

That's a possibility.

11. Pinoysurf Dec 9, 2019

I brought my watch to the Los Angeles service center. Gonna call them tomorrow and see if they can dig up my serial number.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 9, 2019

Did you read the post above yours?

13. Pinoysurf Dec 10, 2019

Called the service center and they were able to give me the movement serial number. Now I should be able to order an Extract.

Capt Cave Man and VetPsychWars like this.