Forums Latest Members

Omega Service on my Planet Ocean – 2201.50.00

1. OmegaDE Oct 19, 2015

A few weeks ago, I showed you after service on my bond 2531.80. Here is my Planet Ocean (2201.50.00) after coming back from the Omega Spa after its first service (bought in 2011).
    Omega told me the watch was ready at the end of September, but when I arrived at the store, it was clear that the polishing on the case was nowhere near the quality of the work they did on my 2531.80. In fact it looked worse in some areas.

The boutique technician was also not pleased and immediately wanted to send it back. He gave me A pretty good explanation of what may have gone wrong and was surprised it made it through QC. The technician also assured me that if the case could not be polished correctly or that if the process would damage the cases structural integrity, they would replace it. The service manager was also not pleased and needless to say the watch returned looking beautiful. In addition to the service & polishing, they "re-did" the AR coating on the crystal and "tightened" the bracelet. Here are the pictures.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 19, 2015

It looks great, as it should! I'm surprised to see they returned old parts. I guess I was under the impression they kept the old parts? Did you have to request that they did so?
    Good to know the boutique had your back on the case polish.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 20, 2015

Omega always returns the old parts...