Forums Latest Members
  1. dmg13 Jul 24, 2015

Can anyone recommend a great Omega service place in Toronto, Canada? we have a '68 Speedy Pro in need of some service and are not sure who to trust. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thx.

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 24, 2015

Hey dmg13,

I take my 'good' stuff to Humberton Jewelers in Etobicoke on Royal York. They are an Omega AD and authorized repair center (for all but co-axial). They are sympathetic to vintage and will honour your requests to preserve originality. They are polite, but not the friendliest bunch. They do good work there, but they are not cheap.

If you really just need a tune up, and parts aren't as much of a concern (as they might be on a 321), the C&G Watch and Clock Repair is also good. They are on Queen St East between Yonge and Church. Small, out of the way shop, but the watchmaker there is experienced and has worked on Omega's. I've had an 861 speedy done there and I was happy with the results. They are not certified on Omega a far as I know and don't have parts acces beyond what's on th market. They are also a lot cheaper.

Finally, Shane Ede is still working on watches. He's an old timer and has a lot of experience. He doesn't have parts access either beyond what's available on the market, and his prices are reasonable, but/and he's a character.

PM me if you have any difficulty finding any of them.

Baz9614 and TNTwatch like this.