Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Semaster 200 'Banana' with very rare grey dial, a real beauty

1. Tom Dick and Harry Feb 3, 2015

Afternoon all

It's a bit of a wrench this one but needs must at the moment and what will be appearing in the vintage watch talk section in the next few weeks requires paying for. As such I am letting my SM200 Grey Dial 'Banana' go.

IMG_6188.jpg

As you will all no doubt be aware these beautiful 70's dive watches were original developed for and issued to the French Navy division SHOM, they then because domestically available. The coined their nickname because of the colourful Yellow dial contrasted by the two tone black and red bezel.

IMG_6189.jpg

This example is an extremely rare SM200 grey dial, there were only a handful of the grey dial variants made compared to the yellow dial Banana and finding one in any condition is rare, let alone finding one in this original condition.

IMG_6191.jpg

The watch is presented in 'barn find' condition, the movement as you can see from the images in in lovely original condition, the case appears untouched and I don't believe it has ever been refinished.

IMG_6192.jpg

The stand out items are the dial and hands and the bezel. The dial and hands are simply stunning, the tritium has aged to a lovely even cream/ honey patina and the dial has a wonderful even tone. The bezel is original and again not damaged (like so so many are) although there is a little staining under the acrylic at 10 on the very edge (which is visible in the images)

IMG_6190.jpg

A replacement crystal and light refinish/ service and this watch will be one of the nicest examples out there

I am looking for a £1650 for the watch (shipped), I am not looking for trades on this one, just a straight sale

Payment via BT or PP gift/ you cover the fees, posting will be RMSD or International Signed for (insured for £500) anyone wanting international I am happy to send an alternative method at your cost.

eqk, NT931, lwong and 2 others like this.
  2. Zuke Feb 3, 2015

Great looking watch - if I didn't already own one I'd buy it.

GLWS