Forums Latest Members

Omega seen on someone else...

1. ctpete Feb 23, 2016

It seems that every vintage Omega has a story.

I was attending a Superbowl party and a retired friend and I were talking when I glanced down and noticed his watch. My first reaction was that I had never actually seen one of these in person. And here it is - an Omega Flightmaster. This watch was given to my friend by his father on the day my friend completed his first solo flight. He has worn the watch every day for at least the last 50 years. After his solo, he went on to have a long successful career in aviation, most of it as a pilot for the Canadian government. He graciously let me take a photo while it stayed on his wrist.

Flightmaster.JPG
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Feb 23, 2016

Good eye, though that particular watch is kind of difficult to keep under the radar :)

Mad Dog likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Feb 23, 2016

Nice! :thumbsup:

Oh, and the phrase we use is "spotted in the wild" when we see something like that in the real world.

4. KstateSkier Feb 23, 2016

Flightmasters are so cool looking. I'm not sure if I'll personally ever add one to my collection but I appreciate them.

Isn't it funny how we start looking for Omega's in the wild once you have one on your wrist? Its sort of like after you've bought an engagement ring you suddenly start seeing all other women's rings.

5. novina Feb 23, 2016

It is a beautiful watch in wonderful condition. But I liken looking for other Omegas once you have one as seeing all the same make of car that you just bought. Oh, look, there's another (insert auto make here) and another and another and so on.......... But will say, seeing an Omega on someone in the circles I run in is very rare indeed, so I get the point.

6. Perseus Feb 24, 2016

I'd love to see one in person. Are they as thick as the Z-33? I have a co-worker with a Bond SMP, 2500 AT & PO. The funny thing is he didn't know what my Speedmaster was.

7. demollo Feb 24, 2016

I only see Omega from time to time in my country and usually those are SMP, PO and Speedy

8. ctpete Feb 24, 2016

The more I am into watches, the more I find myself noticing and commenting to people on their watch. Just today I was with someone who was wearing a custom made bespoke suit. I expected to see a Rolex on his wrist, but no...it was a Omega Planet Ocean 45mm with a rubber deployant strap.