Forums Latest Members
  1. Nicetomeetyou Jan 7, 2017

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can chime in here. Specifically if it looks correct (redial/movement/etc). I'm new to vintage watches and have an appreciation for these sector dials.

It's an Omega ref ck 859. I have attached some pics of dial, case back, movement. To my eye, it looks the same as a lot sold in May/2016.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/...and-attractive-stainless-5992797-details.aspx omega-1-.jpg omega-oversize-sector-dial-4-.jpg omega-oversize-sector-dial-5-.jpg omega-oversize-sector-dial-6-.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

heavenscloud likes this.
  2. ConElPueblo Jan 7, 2017

3. Rman Jan 8, 2017

Boy these are appreciating quickly!;)

Tom Dick likes this.
  4. Edward53 Jan 8, 2017

I thought the dial looked really good until I saw the vertical line way off centre in the Omega symbol and the different-sized 0's. You need to blow that image up and scrutinise it for consistency. I would if I were a potential customer but I'm not so I can't be bothered.

5. Tom Dick and Harry Jan 8, 2017

Nice sector dials are well worth having but people obsess of the fact these are 37mm ex crown! The example at auction has a badly worn dial and I have seen better examples.

They are extremely rare watch, Mick English has had a few over the years which have been stunners but personally I don't find this one particularly attractive

6. François Pépin Jan 8, 2017

Like Edward, I think the dial looks Ok except the line issue. Not sure it is necessarily a sign of a redial though.

I like sector dials 26,5 (I like almost all the 26,5 actually!). But I am not sure two or three more cm in diameter is worth so much money - I probably should have phrased that in another way!
    I would prefer a very nice exemple of 30-33 cm - actually you could buy several with the current price!

By the way, the movement is correct and looks good.

7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 8, 2017

That dial appears correct to my eye.

As for values, this is what happens in bubbles. There are sharp accelerations of values that have no real rational basis. Don't misunderstand – I like some of the larger sector dial watches very much. But I'd be quite happy to choose two or three (or more) otherwise equivalent examples from 33-35mm for the same price!

François Pépin likes this.
  8. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jan 8, 2017

Dial looks correct to me also. I remember there was a discussion about the non centered line some years ago on the forum, can't find the thread now. I remember my impression then was that it was original.

Condition is not bad and this model is quite rare.

9. François Pépin Jan 8, 2017