Forums Latest Members
  1. justwatching Jan 1, 2015

Happy new year everyone. I've been looking to buy a nice vintage omega seamaster 300 and i saw this on ebay. Expert opinions please if this is good or not. Thanks in advance again

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151531031111&alt=webPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 1, 2015

Cannot say if it is a good buy or not but at first glance the hour and minute hands look definite replacements to me. It has also been polished to near death and the rotor is a completely different colour to the rest of the movement.

3. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jan 1, 2015

Agreed. Not a very collectable one.

4. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Jan 1, 2015

It depends on what your are looking for. If you want an investment grade watch, then this is not the right watch. If you want a daily wearer, then this could fit the bill as long as you are aware of issues. These would include the hands, which appear to be genuine hands, but might have been replaced or relumed. Same thing likely holds true for the rotor. The case has been heavily polished and lost a lot of the detail.
    I will also say that since many of the SM300 available for sale appear to have been put together, I would not purchase a SM300 without an extract of records indicating that the movement serial # corresponds to a movement used in a 166.024

5. justwatching Jan 1, 2015

Thank you everyone for your expert advices. I guess the decision is unanimous. I will have to pass on this as im looking for an investment piece. Thank you once again to this forums and the very helpfuI members that never hesitates to help out new collectors like me. I guess the search continues