Forums Latest Members
  1. MartinGoes Jun 26, 2018

So last year I replaced my wife’s seamaster that was stolen same year on a moving.
    The Watch developed condensation and took it to an authorized Omega dealer in South Africa. They’ve come saying that water damage is not covered by warranty and the bill goes close to $600. How is it possible that a Watch that’s designed for water is not covered by such? My wife ya not even been into a pool with it.
    Any advise is greatly appreciated

2. Dan S Jun 26, 2018

Have you read the warranty? What does it say?

3. larryganz The cable guy Jun 26, 2018

If it's under a year old they should cover that. If it's over 12 months old and you can show that you have properly checked the watch for water resistance every 12 months by a qualified Omega watchmaker, during the warranty period, I would fight to have them cover water intrusion during the remaining warranty period as well.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 26, 2018

Did you ask them why the warranty repair is being denied? Since they have had the benefit of seeing the watch, and we haven't, they are in a better position to answer that question than we are.

Having said that, if there is evidence that the watch has been damaged somehow, maybe through an impact for example that may have affected the water resistance, and is the reason the claim is being denied. Water can enter the case when washing hands, doing dishes, getting caught in a heavy rain...it doesn't have to be from submersion in a pool or swimming for it to leak if it has been compromised.

Cheers, Al

5. jetkins Jun 27, 2018

Perhaps it works differently in South Africa, but here in the States, my AD told me that any warranty service had to be performed by Omega's own service center. If I were you, I would contact Omega SA directly: https://www.omegawatches.com/store/storedetails/2421