Omega Seamaster - Sports pants?

Locked
Posts
122
Likes
9
Hello! I apologize if I misplaced the topic where I should have posted the question. I own an Omega Seamaster 300m, from 2001 (reference code 2551.80), and I would like to know if this watch goes for sports pants, training according to your opinions. Thanks.
 
Posts
5,631
Likes
5,814
You can wear it with anything you want, just like any other watch.
 
Posts
567
Likes
1,112
You may receive some interesting responses...

🍿
 
Posts
3,573
Likes
13,514
Judging from some watch fairs I’ve had the doubtful pleasure to visit recently, RG Pateks and Subs seem to be the watches of choice to go with sweat pants. If you’re in your early 20s, that is.
 
Posts
5,535
Likes
9,470
It's a watch. Wear it with whatever you want. No reason to give a crap about what anyone else thinks is 'correct' or not. Who gave someone the right to deem 'only thin gold watches should be worn with suits', etc.? Some guy (or girl) decided one day that's how they wanted it to be, and started telling others, until somehow people though it was a real 'rule'.

Live your life how you want to, not how others tell you that you should.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
No, according to @Mad Dog only Speedmasters are used with sport pants.

327574-44ea202feeee956b41a963af2e16c72a.jpg
327574-44ea202feeee956b41a963af2e16c72a.jpg
 
Posts
1,853
Likes
4,464
The 2551.80 is best worn with a large cup sports bra.
 
Posts
3,650
Likes
24,735
No, according to @Mad Dog only Speedmasters are used with sport pants.

327574-44ea202feeee956b41a963af2e16c72a.jpg
327574-44ea202feeee956b41a963af2e16c72a.jpg

This is the only relevant response to these sorts of questions.

Anyone got the pics of @Mad Dog with a speedy strapped to his bike? Maybe that's also relevant.
 
Posts
3,600
Likes
9,153
It's a watch. Wear it with whatever you want. No reason to give a crap about what anyone else thinks is 'correct' or not. Who gave someone the right to deem 'only thin gold watches should be worn with suits', etc.? Some guy (or girl) decided one day that's how they wanted it to be, and started telling others, until somehow people though it was a real 'rule'.
.
For most of my suit-wearing days (less than a decade) I wore my reverse panda Carrera chronograph. Then when we sold the business I thought that now I was part of a much bigger operation I should try a thin gold watch in my new corporate position. Buuuuut, as I was still doing an engineering job the chrono was a lot more useful, so the thin gold (-plated) Seamaster has spent 99.5% of its 40 year life in a drawer. I agree with @BlackTalon wear what you darn well like to wear -- or what helps you function.
 
Posts
35,637
Likes
39,890
Locking this before someone gets too frisky but yea wear a Seamaster with anything it’s not a patek calatrava and even if it was pants are still fine.