Forums Latest Members
  1. dopemaster123 Sep 13, 2013

Hey,

this is actually my first post in this forum.

I own a Omega Seamaster Professional and decided to wear it with a rubber strap. Therefore I bought an Omega Clasp and a no-name rubber strap from a local jeweler.

However, after wearing the watch a couple of month I am not really confident regarding the clasp. The clasp belongs to a Planet Ocean watch and is in my opinion over-sized and too dominant for my Seamaster. I know that various other rubber straps and clasps exist but I was not sure to buy such expensive items in the internet - at this point in time. Due to the fact that I am kind of disappointed by my jeweler I changed my mind and would like to buy a new, better fitting clasp.

Do you guys have any experience or know which clasp I should buy? I would definitely prefer an original Omega clasp.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Best,
    Till

IMG_2184.jpg IMG_2185.jpg IMG_2186.jpg IMG_2188.jpg IMG_2189.jpg
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 13, 2013

Personally with rubber I always go for the Isofrane rubber strap, which is not Omega but is a brand Omega used in the past on their professional divers watches, the Isofrane has a clasp built in that is nothing short of excellent, and is probably the best rubber strap around.

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 13, 2013

I was about to recommend the Isofrane as well

4. Matt-C Sep 13, 2013

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379098594.753740.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379098620.497026.jpg

+1 For the Isofrane.

5. dopemaster123 Sep 14, 2013

I have checked out the Isofrane website, the strap itself looks nice.

However, as mentioned before I would like to have an Omega folding clasp. I would prefer one that looks similar to the clasp employed in the original Omega steel bracelet ( Unfortunately, I can't use the folding clasp from my steel bracelet because it doesn't fit on the rubber strap.)

Any recommendations?

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2013

Yes as a +, you could sell your strap with the Planet Ocean clasp here and fund a replacement, maybe even with change ;)