Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Quartz Vintage Gold Tone Wrist Watch 1432

1. TeddyLimJY Oct 23, 2017

Hey everyone,

as you might be able to tell, I am an amature in Omega watches. I have finally saved up couple of hundreds - definitely incomparable to many of you here, and would like to ask whether is the seamaster authentic? I did some research but i just can't find the right measurement to check the watch. I am meeting the buyer tomorrow and would like to know before I actually pay for it. Any comments given will be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,
    Teddy

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.33.19 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.33.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 12.33.41 AM.png
  2. TeddyLimJY Oct 23, 2017

And if possible, can anyone direct the reference number to me? Thanks!!!!!!!

3. BenBagbag Oct 24, 2017

It is probably authentic but these quartz watches are not so collectible. You definitely shouldn't be spending hundreds of dollars on it. Additionally, it has a built in bracelet. Should that ever break, there may not be an easy way to replace it. As it is the bracelet doesn't appear to be in great shape...

TeddyLimJY likes this.
  4. Honza Oct 24, 2017

I noticed that many quartz are not as popular as automatic or manual. Are there any exceptions of quartz which are collectible? Also, thank you for the explanation regarding the bracelet.

5. ac106 Oct 24, 2017

Vintage megaquartz
    LCD Speedmasters
    Some seamaster diver models (sort of)

Maybe a couple others.

A two toned 80s quartz on an intergrated bracelet in rough condition isn’t one of them unfortunately. HOWEVER! if you like it that’s all that matters! Just do not pay a lot for it.

TeddyLimJY likes this.