Forums Latest Members

Omega seamaster quartz service charge

1. omegafanaa Nov 8, 2018

anyone know how much omega charges for a service and how i go about it? will they replace the scratched bezel Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

2. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Nov 8, 2018

Ask Omega. They actually know the answer.

Foo2rama and omegasaso12 like this.
  3. Huus Nov 8, 2018

The charges are listed on the Omega website including the whole process of what is involved in the service.
    Charges for quartz and automatic are priced differently for obvious reasons.
    My experience with the damaged bezel is they will ask you if you want it replaced but won't replace it as a matter of course, only with your permission. There is a charge on top of the service price for this.
    All relaced items are returned to you with the watch after completion. This also involves all items that were replaced as a matter of course such as seals, hand sets etc. during the service.
    Hope this helps and have a good look on their website.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 9, 2018

As above. The short answer is that a replacement bezel is not included in the service cost, it is an extra ~ £200/$300 or so.

Quartz movements are one example where some original parts are not returned as I believe in many cases Omega exchange the movement at a full service and retain the original. I would think this is the case with the 1538 used here. You get a new movement but they keep the original. This is not the case of course if you just get a battery service.

Edited Nov 9, 2018
  5. Huus Nov 9, 2018

Would Omega not mention the movement exchange in their initial quote?
    I 've had 3 SMP quartz serviced (full service) in the past and always were under the impression it came back with the same old movement as this exchange was never mentioned.

6. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 9, 2018

I think it is standard practice and one reason why serial numbers aren’t engraved on modern quartz movements (or the compound movements in the Speedy Reduced), they are swapped out. Tudor do the same with their in house auto movement incidentally.

Perhaps we might politely ask @Archer to comment here, since he may know the skinny. Of course he may well service rather than replace but may know more than most about what the service centres do or don’t do.

Huus likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 9, 2018

The movement would not be replaced unless there is a reason to do so. If it passes all the tests they wouldn't replace it.

Cheers, Al

Huus likes this.
  8. padders Oooo subtitles! Nov 10, 2018

Interesting. So in that case would they routinely strip it down, clean it, lube and reassemble it like with an auto?

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 10, 2018

No - if there's nothing wrong with the movement they would just test it and do all the other work.

10. cornishgiant Nov 15, 2018

I had mine replaced when I had it services as I ruined it with oven cleaner. I think it was about £350 for the service and the new bezel, via my local jeweler

11. Canuck Nov 15, 2018

Oven cleaner! Whatever were you thinking?

12. cornishgiant Nov 15, 2018

That the oven was really filthy and needed cleaning.

What I should have thought is ‘it might be a good idea to take your watch off whilst you do this...’

ConElPueblo, BradleyJ. and Archer like this.