Forums Latest Members

Omega Seamaster Professional running slow

1. draftypants Jan 5, 2015

Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer 2254.50 Automatic Watch Hi have this was used off ebay running fine for about a week,then it started loosing time. in the end before I sent it back to the seller to get it checked. it had lost nearly 1/2 an hour in about 3 hours, I wore the watch daily and even wound it up but this made no difference. any ideas to the cause,should I be asking for my money back. thanks in advance for any help.

cheers ray

2. Shem Jan 5, 2015

Probably due for service.

draftypants likes this.
  3. repoman Jan 5, 2015

Losing 30 minutes every three hours qualifies as "broken", and yes, you should ask for money back if that is still an option. That watch will need a full service.

draftypants likes this.
  4. yinzerniner Jan 13, 2015

I would ask for a refund, or at least a partial to account for the needed service to get the watch back up running correctly. However, I would also re-check the original listing description; if it stated that there were timekeeping issues in the ad, and you purchased it anyway, then you might be wholly responsible for getting it back up and running. Also, since the time issue only happened after a week in your possession you might have a hard time since at the time of sale it was running correctly.
    Best of luck either way, and the 2254 when running correctly is a workhorse.